Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer streaming "When The Stillness Comes"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Found it a bit too slow for my liking, love the intro though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Dont like it at all tbh.

:/

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭jayobray

Not a classic, but I liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Liking the intro... very nice :)

I'd say it'll grow on me, but first listen, not it's biggest fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

A bit dull, unfortunately. Just starts to get going and then it ends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Not bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

It's nothing special but definitely a solid track.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Oddly enough the intro sounds like something Machine Head would do, is that a sign that Machine Head are becoming more Slayer or that Slayer are becoming more Machine Head? I like it as a track though....will definitely look at getting it on Vinyl today for Record Store Day

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Gave this another couple of spins tonight and I have to say I really like it. I'm looking forward to hearing some of the more direct songs on the album if the last bit of this is anything to go by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

It's sad to hear what Slayer have become :(

Thats obviously a matter of individual opinion i reckon , i've been a fan since show no mercy in the 80's and have seen them live over 20 times and like i said earlier i love it , jeff n dave gone its still 100% slayer music though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

It's only 1 song from the new album though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Came across a copy of the vinyl release in Golden Discs today, had to grab it as I'd not seen it anywhere prior to today.

blastman wrote: »
    Came across a copy of the vinyl release in Golden Discs today, had to grab it as I'd not seen it anywhere prior to today.

Sweet ! I went to my local golden discs after reading your post but alas no joy , a few years back i bought the entire album back cathologue on vinyl up to world painted blood so hope to get new album on vinyl also

Thats obviously a matter of individual opinion i reckon , i've been a fan since show no mercy in the 80's and have seen them live over 20 times and like i said earlier i love it , jeff n dave gone its still 100% slayer music though
    It's Slayer by numbers and there's nothing unique or special about it. I know it's only one song but I sure hope the rest of the album is miles better than this. They'll always be Slayer and they'll always do what they do. But they're just doing it worse.

It's Slayer by numbers and there's nothing unique or special about it. I know it's only one song but I sure hope the rest of the album is miles better than this. They'll always be Slayer and they'll always do what they do. But they're just doing it worse.

"Implode" is also on the album , a song thry released last august and its another cracker , bostaph is an animal on the drums , dont agree its worse but each to their own i guess . 2 songs from 2 on the new album i would consider very good so thats a good start i reckon .

"Implode" is also on the album , a song thry released last august and its another cracker , bostaph is an animal on the drums , dont agree its worse but each to their own i guess . 2 songs from 2 on the new album i would consider very good so thats a good start i reckon .
    I must give 'Implode' a listen so.

I was listening to Haunting the Chapel E.P. yesterday and I thought to myself "damn this band used to be intense." But they're too far over the hill now and not doing anything interesting to make up for the lack of intensity and danger that they've lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Repentless now available. Have to say I really like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

And the tracklisting for Repentless

01. Delusions of Saviour
    02. Repentless
    03. Take Control
    04. Vices
    05. Cast the First Stone
    06. When the Stillness Comes
    07. Chasing Death
    08. Implode
    09. Piano Wire
    10. Atrocity Vendor
    11. You Against You
    12. Pride in Prejudice

• Advertisement

Really liking the new track, straight up 3 minutes of aggression, exactly what I'd expect of Slayer.

Even reading the lyrics to Repentless, it is definitely 100% a Jeff Hanneman song.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

New song sounds very good, although I probably don't like it enough to shell out for this, though!

Maybe if I sell my car.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Was just browsing Youtube and saw they played Repentless live so checked it out.... they must be saving a **** load of money after getting rid of Lombardo, don't think I've ever seen pyro at one of their shows!

Very frank and honest interview with Tom Araya here: http://m.noisey.vice.com/blog/slayer-tom-araya-2015

Listened to Repentless when it was released at midnight on Spotify, and the songs definitely run better when played by track # instead of them being cherry picked, it's 41 minutes of thrash goodness, and Gary & Paul do good enough jobs on drums & guitar respectively given who they've replaced in years gone past..

Advertisement