Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing bank

Options
  • 16-04-2015 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi Folks.

Quick question. If I change banks, can my new bank see any missed direct debits I had with my old bank?

Are missed Direct Debits logged to the ICB?

Cheers,

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

Hi

No, missed direct debits are not logged with the ICB, but if that missed direct debit was for a loan.... depends on what way you look at it.

If it's for say eircom, esb etc, that would not be logged with the ICB.

It's only credit accounts eg: loans, credit cards, car finance accounts etc etc that are logged with the ICB, assuming of course that the creditor is a member:)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Jayball09

Thanks mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

You can buy your credit rating from ICB for €6 if you want to check

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Sorry to piggyback on this thread...

Just wondering does anyone have any experience of changing banks twice in a short period of time? I changed banks about 2 months ago but Im not very happy with the new one and am considering moving again.

Would there be any negatives for me in terms of my credit history ? Im hoping to apply for a mortgage within the next 6-12months....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

You can switch as many times as you like.

There will be no credit blackmark for switching twice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement