Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Durrow classic show 2015

Options
  • 16-04-2015 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Never been to Durrow, thinking of going to the show next Sunday but its a long haul from Kerry. I have been told that there will be a fairly decent Autojumble there which is what I'm interested in. I cant find any info on this so I'm hoping that someone out there might have an idea of what I can expect. I'm trying to pick up bits and pieces for an old CX that I'm working on.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Lots of autojumble there, personally I find Ebay the best place to source bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

The latest Retro Classic mag mentioned it is the biggest autojumble in Ireland and judging by last year, they arent lieing! Like most jumbles though, unless you are shopping for bits for the more common / popular cars, then you are probably better of sourcing online. But still, it has a huge array of stalls, so is worth a trip for that and the show itself imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Autojumble in Ireland is largely hit and miss. Durrow is usually better than most but the UK is the place to go for what you would call proper autojumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Yes, its a big autojumble, lot of tractor stuff, lots of vendors come down from the north.
    Stradbally steam rally also has a large autojumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Thanks guys, I think I'll head up and ha:ove a look see. I'm taking a long view on my project working as money and parts are available. Its expensive now buying in from the UK what with the strength of Sterling and the transport costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Autojumble in Ireland is largely hit and miss. Durrow is usually better than most but the UK is the place to go for what you would call proper autojumble.
    Agree, I went with some mates to Beaulieu in the UK two years ago , mind blowing stuff altogether, fields of sellers, you'd nearly want a Sat Nav to find your way out of there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,202 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Miss more often than hit. Durrow is quite good but tiny by uk standards.

One annoying thing was the amount of Johnny-come-latelys still coming into the field to display even up to noon and afterwards, mainly with cars. They need to clamp down and have a cut-off time for entries, not just sail in anytime you feel like it.

Advertisement