Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study Hacks?

• 16-04-2015 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

I'm in 5th year so this is more for leaving Certs then me but what are some 'study hacks' that you've picked up that have worked for you?

Some of my friends in leaving cert have just switched to notes, they never use their books anymore just notes to study..
    I've been thinking of take note of what topics come up in exam papers, then go over their books and put marks where each topic is covered so I know which ones are most common..

Just thought I'd do this to give some of ye covered in books a way of changing up your system when bordum sets in..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭Theboybang

You can't just turn to notes like LOL. It has taken me 2 years to write up notes.....I have never studied from the book

TBH at this stage in the year it's too late to start writing notes unless they're on things you REALLY REALLY need. It's all about exam papers from now on in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Theboybang wrote: »
    You can't just turn to notes like LOL. It has taken me 2 years to write up notes.....I have never studied from the book

TBH at this stage in the year it's too late to start writing notes unless they're on things you REALLY REALLY need. It's all about exam papers from now on in!

I think you can get notes done in 5 weeks. That's what I did more or less for the mocks and managed to get all my subjects covered. (although that would include less intensive note taking subjects such as Accounting and Applied Maths)

I think the best way is to note take on each section of a subject. And, in each section, go through all past questions that did come, and all questions that can come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Exam papers.

Advertisement