Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Tallaght

Options
  • 16-04-2015 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Dubliners,

I'm new to your charming town, and I happen to have found a job in the famed Tallaght. Now that doesn't bother me much, but my problem now is find out where the hell I should look for a place to rent that would be close to the LUAS line. I'm currently North of the Liffey and from here it's a bit of a trip; everyone I talk to, after scoffing when I tell them "...Tallaght", seem to imply that all the places that the East-West LUAS goes through from the city centre westward are to be avoided.

So, where would you live if you had to go to Tallaght every day, possibly via LUAS? Or am I just wrong in preferring the LUAS to other means of transportation? I'm looking for a nice studio or one-bedroom flat, but I can't decode which areas I should avoid and which ones are nice enough.

Maybe this question has been already posed so please direct me to the appropriate thread if that's the case. Otherwise, I welcome all suggestions.

Thank you
    DUBNOOB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Where exactly are you working in Tallaght? It's kind of a big place :D

Also, it's reputation is definitely on the wane, and has never really applied to places not in the @rse end, i.e. past the Square S.C.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

What do you want from somewhere to live? Do you want to be close to town for entertainment stuff or would you prefer to be somewhere nice and quiet. I used to work in Tallaght and commuted from Blessington if you want something closer to town then Rathmines is worth looking at lots of buses from there to Tallaght. You would obviously save a good bit of money moving further from town.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Belgard Heights, Kingswood, Old Bawn and Kilnamanagh are all massive parts of Tallaght that are really nice, settled and would be great to rent in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DubNoob

Hi all, thanks a lot for the replies.
    I'll be in Cookstown so not Tallaght proper, very close to the Luas station so I'll definitely be looking for easy access to it. I'd like to be somewhere that allows me to go to the centre for a pint without too much hassle, maybe not walking distance (that would be a plus of course); I don't mind tranquil areas, but having a way to do some shopping close to home would be nice, kind of like it is in Drumcondra where you have food and shops all over the place, without being drowned in concrete.
    I'll start looking into your suggestions, I heard that Smithfield might be a good option too, of course all depending on how far to the tram lines.

Thank you DN

Advertisement