Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery date unknown - HWVS.de

Options
  • 17-04-2015 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

hi i ordered a pc build last week and the bank transfer went through ok. The only issue is the monitor i really want has the status - delivery date unknown.

http://www.hardwareversand.de/en/63+cm+%2825%29/213620/Dell+U2515H.article

I'm sure i'd have the parts by now if it wasn't for the monitor so it's frustrating to have to wait. I also notice the price of that monitor jumped up from €299 at the time i ordered to €330 so i'm reluctant to cancel the order just yet. I've sent a few emails the last few days but haven't got a reply.

Just wondering is it likely this item will be back in stock within the next week or two or should i order it from somewhere else? I know it would be messy to do that so i'm prepared to wait a bit longer, unless i knew i would be wasting my time. Delivery date unknown doesn't sound too promising though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Just to give you some context, I placed an order on the 28th March. Everything I ordered was in stock bar an SSD which had a due date of the 30th.

My order still has not shipped. I was told by email that it was due in stock on the 9th April. That date came and went. Their realtime stock listing system seems to be a joke.

I have since sent another mail asking to cancel the SSD and to ship the remainder of my order. The mail has gone unanswered for two days.

I know people here swear by them but as a first time customer I am thoroughly unimpressed. They are light years behind Amazon when it comes to customer service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭lillian770

Well it depends... Amazon can be a real pain as weel. Have ordered a printer some time ago, and it took almost 3 week to get it. Contacted customer service many times... Didn't help much.

lillian770 wrote: »
    Well it depends... Amazon can be a real pain as weel. Have ordered a printer some time ago, and it took almost 3 week to get it. Contacted customer service many times... Didn't help much.

That's not been my experience with Amazon. On the rare occasion that something has gone wrong I have found them extremely helpful and efficient. I guess we all have our favourites though.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 XXXtitan

I can agree with most of the comments above. I myself, dealt with them and found the Customer service the worst I have ever encountered.

I personally would only order from scan and overclockers for components. Both are exceptionally fluent when it comes to overall service. I would rather pay bit more for a more worthwhile service.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

thinking of cancelling the whole order, can you cancel by email and will it take long to be refunded?

And anyone have any experience with mindfactory.de? The stuff is the same price as HWVS only the delivery is €20 more. I know amazon and the uk companies would be easier to deal with but the difference in price is massive when i total all the parts up so unless there was a discount i can't see that happening.

Just checked seems to be out of stock there too

• Advertisement

As I said my email to cancel part of my order has not been answered in two days. I suspect that you are going to have to phone them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cilldroichid

I suspect that you are going to have to phone them.

Yes phoning rather than e-mailing Hardwareversand is more likely to sort out any problems you have with the order. Last year I ordered a new build and one of the items went out of stock between placing the order and Hardwareversand receiving the money. Nine days later I rang them and swapped the item and the order was dispatched a few hours later.

Just to update this. I did phone them and my issue was resolved within a couple of minutes. The order then shipped the same day. I do think that they should improve their email communication though.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Just to update this. I did phone them and my issue was resolved within a couple of minutes. The order then shipped the same day. I do think that they should improve their email communication though.

How are they with their english? I havent had an update from them since I placed the order on monday and paid by wednesday.. Im guessing I have to ring them up to find out whats going

Fiddlex wrote: »
    How are they with their english? I havent had an update from them since I placed the order on monday and paid by wednesday.. Im guessing I have to ring them up to find out whats going

The guy I spoke to had perfect English. When he answered the phone I just gave a google translated German phrase asking for an English speaker.

• Advertisement
Advertisement