Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre roll out in Nurney Kildare ?

Options
  • 17-04-2015 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi Eircom my inquiry is about eFibre roll out in Nurney Kildare. My local exchange is the Nurney exchange and up to a few days ago your roll out map http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/ was showing eFibre for Nurney between April to June 2015. 

Today when I checked your map the Nurney exchange has no roll out time line e.g. the map is blank. However almost every other exchange in the province of Leinster now appears to have eFibre - even those which were not due to get it from this roll out program! Refer to image for Leinster from map.

So is there something wrong with your map? Is the roll out for Nurney, Kildare still on track?
    I know that Eircom and KN Networks have been doing work on preparing for eFibre roll out in the area so I'm hoping your map is wrong!

Much obliged for any update you can provide Eircom.

Thks,
    Zug

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

zugvogel wrote: »
    Hi Eircom my inquiry is about eFibre roll out in Nurney Kildare. My local exchange is the Nurney exchange and up to a few days ago your roll out map http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/ was showing eFibre for Nurney between April to June 2015. 

Today when I checked your map the Nurney exchange has no roll out time line e.g. the map is blank. However almost every other exchange in the province of Leinster now appears to have eFibre - even those which were not due to get it from this roll out program! Refer to image for Leinster from map.

So is there something wrong with your map? Is the roll out for Nurney, Kildare still on track?
    I know that Eircom and KN Networks have been doing work on preparing for eFibre roll out in the area so I'm hoping your map is wrong!

Much obliged for any update you can provide Eircom.

Thks,
    Zug
    Hi zugvogel

I would like to assure you that plans to bring efibre to Nurney have not been abandoned. There have been some delays and a new launch dat is now in consideration.

The launch dates may unfortunately need to be changed from time to time however a new timeframe should be available on the map in the next couple of weeks

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭zugvogel

Hi AL,
    Thanks for the update. That's good to hear. I know work has started in the area for the roll out from talking to the Eircom and KN Network guys, so will await developments then.

Zug

Hi AL,
    Thanks for the update. That's good to hear. I know work has started in the area for the roll out from talking to the Eircom and KN Network guys, so will await developments then.

Zug

No worries Zug

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al,
    I see Eircom have updated the eFibre roll out map. It says eFibre is launching in Nurney in May 2015 which is great to see.
    I'm close to the planned eFibre cabinet NRY1_004 and I guess I won't be able to get eFibre until this is put in?
    Is there anytime frame on the installation of NRY1_004?

Thanks,
    Zug

Hi Al,
    I see Eircom have updated the eFibre roll out map. It says eFibre is launching in Nurney in May 2015 which is great to see.
    I'm close to the planned eFibre cabinet NRY1_004 and I guess I won't be able to get eFibre until this is put in?

Thanks,
    Zug
    Hi Zug,

If you are an existing eircom customer and would like to PM me your land line number I will be happy to confirm which cabinet your line is connected to.

Thanks
    AL

• Advertisement

Hi Al,

Thanks,
    Zug
    Hi Zug,

If you are an existing eircom customer and would like to PM me your land line number I will be happy to confirm which cabinet your line is connected to.

Thanks
    AL
    Hi Al, PM sent.

Zug

Hi Al,

Thanks,
    Zug
    Hi Zug,

Thanks
    AL
    Hi Al, PM sent.

Zug
    Thanks Zug,

Pm sent in reply :)

Al

Hi Al & Eircom
    I see from the Eircom wholesale website that cabinet NRY_E01 at the Nurney exchange has just gone live :)

Have you any timescale for cabinet NRY1_004?

PM or post back here would be much appreciated.

Thks,
    Zug

Hi Al & Eircom
    I see from the Eircom wholesale website that cabinet NRY_E01 at the Nurney exchange has just gone live :)

Thks,
    Zug
    Hi zugvogel

Thanks for posting. There is still quite a lot of essential upgrade works planned for this cabinet before it can launch. I've discussed this with Networks who feel it could be another 3 to 5 months before we have good news for NRY1_004.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al & Eircom

Thks,
    Zug
    Hi zugvogel

Thanks for posting. There is still quite a lot of essential upgrade works planned for this cabinet before it can launch. I've discussed this with Networks who feel it could be another 3 to 5 months before we have good news for NRY1_004.

Thanks
    Al
    Thks Al.

• Advertisement

Hi Al & Eircom

Thks,
    Zug
    Hi zugvogel

Thanks
    Al
    Thks Al.
    No problem zugvogel

Al

Hi Al & Eircom

Thks,
    Zug
    Hi zugvogel

Thanks
    Al
    Thks Al.
    No problem zugvogel

Al
    Hi Al and eir,
    Glad to say Cabinet NRY1_004 was installed recently and completion work is in progress! Would you have a go live date for it please.?

Thks
    Zug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi Al & Eircom

Thks,
    Zug
    Hi zugvogel

Thanks
    Al
    Thks Al.
    No problem zugvogel

Al
    Hi Al and eir,
    Glad to say Cabinet NRY1_004 was installed recently and completion work is in progress! Would you have a go live date for it please.?

Thks
    Zug
    Hi Zug,

That's good to hear. I'll check with operations and networks and get back to you as soon as I can (should be this afternoon) :)

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi Al & Eircom

Thks,
    Zug
    Hi zugvogel

Thanks
    Al
    Thks Al.
    No problem zugvogel

Al
    Hi Al and eir,

Thks
    Zug
    Hi Zug,

That's good to hear. I'll check with operations and networks and get back to you as soon as I can (should be this afternoon) :)

Al
    Bumpity bump :)   I'm close to this as well as Zugvogel .......fingers crossed Santa will be bringing fibre down my chimney !

Hi Guys I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad new but there is no specific date for that cabinet yet and it could be another 2 to 3 months away before launch. I understand thsi news will disappoint and I'm sorry I can't offer better news.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al

Caninet sitting there doing nothing on its own for last few months :) 

Any sign? Your maps changed to completion works in progress ages ago.

Thanks

Paul

pmsurveys wrote: »
    Thanks Al

Thanks

Paul
    Hi Guys,
    The cabinet must be live because when I check my phone number on the Eir website it now shows up as eFiber being available.
    Based on that I placed an order for it last night :)

Zug

Thanks Al

Thanks

Paul
    Hi Guys,
    The cabinet must be live because when I check my phone number on the Eir website it now shows up as eFiber being available.
    Based on that I placed an order for it last night :)

Zug
    Good to hear zugvogel :)

Al

Hi zugvogel 

How far from the cabinet are you. My line still showing up unavailable. Once a cabinet goes live should all lines connected to it go live or is it in stages?

Is the limit on distance from the exchange or from the cabinet ?

Paul 

Hi zugvogel 

How far from the cabinet are you. My line still showing up unavailable. Once a cabinet goes live should all lines connected to it go live or is it in stages?

Paul 
    Paul,
    I'm close to the cabinet. If you're wired to the cabinet then it's the distance from the cabinet I think.

>"Once a cabinet goes live should all lines connected to it go live or is it in stages?"

I guess Al should be able to confirm that.

Zug

• Advertisement

Hi zugvogel 

Paul 
    Hi pmsurveys

A fibre cabinet serves up to 2Km distance - if you want to PM me your land line line number and location map co-ordinates I'll look in to this further for you and try to get back to you within 24hrs.

Thanks
    Al

PM sent Alan with number and coords.

Thanks

Paul.

Hi pmsurveys

A fibre cabinet serves up to 2Km distance - if you want to PM me your land line line number and location map co-ordinates I'll look in to this further for you and try to get back to you within 24hrs.

Thanks
    Al

PM sent Alan with number and coords.

Thanks

Paul.

Hi pmsurveys

Thanks
    Al
    Hi pmsurveys

Unfortunately your line is located beyond the range of the eFibre cabinet, While as the crow flies your line is at an approximate distance of approx 1.4KM this distance has been extended as lines to not follow 'as the crow flies' and can take a number of routes before reaching your home.

Because of this I'm sorry to confirm that at present there are no plans in place that offer a time-frame for when your line can avail of eFibre. I understand this is disappointing and I'm sorry I can't offer you better news.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan

I knew the exchange was about 1.4km away but the new cabinet NRY1_004 is only about 600m away which is where everyone else asking seems to be connected to and can now avail of fibre.

The fibre serving this new cabinet passes my door which is really frustrating as I now seem to be just connected directly to the exchange with copper and not the cabinet.

I'm sure I can't be the only one and I'm hoping some td'esques come knocking on my door soon :)

Thanks again

Paul.
    Hi pmsurveys

Unfortunately your line is located beyond the range of the eFibre cabinet, While as the crow flies your line is at an approximate distance of approx 1.4KM this distance has been extended as lines to not follow 'as the crow flies' and can take a number of routes before reaching your home.

Because of this I'm sorry to confirm that at present there are no plans in place that offer a time-frame for when your line can avail of eFibre. I understand this is disappointing and I'm sorry I can't offer you better news.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan

I knew the exchange was about 1.4km away but the new cabinet NRY1_004 is only about 600m away which is where everyone else asking seems to be connected to and can now avail of fibre.

The fibre serving this new cabinet passes my door which is really frustrating as I now seem to be just connected directly to the exchange with copper and not the cabinet.

I'm sure I can't be the only one and I'm hoping some td'esques come knocking on my door soon :)

Thanks again

Paul.
    Hi pmsurveys

Thanks
    Al
    No worries pmsurveys

Yes, it's certainly the right time of year!

I noticed there was a closer cab in Kildoon but unfortunately it's cable path does not include your line. It's not possible to request change of cabinet and eir do not have an open avenue to request this however if you want to get back to me when the Kildoon cab goes live I'll check again just in case...

Al

Hi Alan

Thanks again

Paul.
    Hi pmsurveys

Thanks
    Al
    No worries pmsurveys

Yes, it's certainly the right time of year!

I noticed there was a closer cab in Kildoon but unfortunately it's cable path does not include your line. It's not possible to request change of cabinet and eir do not have an open avenue to request this however if you want to get back to me when the Kildoon cab goes live I'll check again just in case...

Al
    Hi Al

As far as I'm aware that cabinet is gone live although not showing up. There is a guy down the road from me who has ordered fibre and if I put the pubs number in the line checker it comes up as available as does my mums number. Its hard to accept that I'm in the bermuda triangle between an exchange and 2 cabinets and might disappear into the dark hole of slow broadband!! I suppose I can ask the technicians if I see them of the chances of getting switched to the nearest cabinet or getting my own feed into the fibre running past my gate! 

Thanks again.

Paul

Advertisement