Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Manchester United Match Thread 18/4/15 k/o 17.30 Sky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Di Maria on makes sense but I don't think I agree with Januzaj for Mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Zouma, you beast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Fellani being out bullied by the Chelsea boys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Professional footballer with a foul throw, should be docked pay FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Ref is really letting anything go - pretty much a wrestling match going on and the ref isn't interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Danye wrote: »
    Wayne Rooney is the new Tom Cleverly!
    Now now; no need to be so nasty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

And Chelsea wonder why neutrals can't stand them or why they can't grow their fanbase!

I find it interesting that pundits are excusing Chelsea's football. They play this horrible stuff all season, not just in the title run in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Drumpot wrote: »
    And Chelsea wonder why neutrals can't stand them!

I find it interesting that pundits are excusing Chelsea's football. They play this horrible stuff all season, not just in the title run in!

Who cares? They win trophies. Pretty sure the you don't get a trophy for playing better football

lol ,good man Falcao

• Advertisement

Jaysus Falcao :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Why not give solanke a go, hed cause more problems than a tired drogba???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

And Chelsea wonder why neutrals can't stand them or why they can't grow their fanbase!

Different people have different tastes. I like watching good defending. Lots of teams can play nice attacking football by bombing bodies forward and playing intricate passes in triangles; not many can defend well.

Who cares? They win trophies. Pretty sure the you don't get a trophy for playing better football

Roman Abramovich cares given Mourinho was sacked for not playing watchable football the last time. Abramovich clearly likes winning too, but might not take too long before he likes watching his team too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What a stupid post..

It works for them, so the end justifies the means. They play the way that suits them. It's not the most attractive football in the PL, but I'm sure they don't give a flying whatever what I or anyone else think of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

jive wrote: »
    Different people have different tastes. I like watching good defending. Lots of teams can play nice attacking football by bombing bodies forward and playing intricate passes in triangles; not many can defend well.

We have completely different tastes in football lol

Sand wrote: »
    Roman Abramovich cares given Mourinho was sacked for not playing watchable football the last time. .

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Unless Shaw is wrecked that's a weird sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wtf kinda sub was that?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Professional footballer with a foul throw, should be docked pay FFS.

Valencia continuously takes foul throws, not sure how he gets away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

blueser wrote: »
    It works for them, so the end justifies the means. They play the way that suits them. It's not the most attractive football in the PL, but I'm sure they don't give a flying whatever what I or anyone else think of them.

They play the way they are told. Them players are so good they could adapt to any style. Well most of them anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Roman Abramovich cares given Mourinho was sacked for not playing watchable football the last time. Abramovich clearly likes winning too, but might not take too long before he likes watching his team too.

I thought Mourinho was sacked because he fell out with Arnesen and Emenalo who had Abramovich's ear at the time.

jive wrote: »

I'm guessing most people don't enjoy watching 10 men sit and counter attack at home when you are already walking the league.

Suppose most people respect winning football when it's entertaining because it's a harder feat when you have horrible styles like Chelsea's looking to spoil games.

I don't expect Chelsea fans care much, but I reckon most fans of the game don't care much for their brand of winning football. It's definitely ruining it as a spectator sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

This any good lads just turned over cracking game in wembley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

no.

niallo27 wrote: »
    They play the way they are told. Them players are so good they could adapt to any style. Well most of them anyway.
    Agreed. Mourinho plays the way that maximises the potential of the players he has at his disposal, and the way that suits the team, rather than any individual player, the best. It's what any manager should be doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Stick with the other game, you're missing nothing here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Say what you want about Jose's football, but it's effective. It's a 'hate to lose more than you love to win' mind set. And it wins games.

Having said that, I'd hate to have to watch 38 league games, a handful of cup games and 11+ European games a year while playing like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Hazard really likes using his backside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It genuinely is sad how poor Falcao has become compared to his prime. Whether it's the injury or English football he is just poor.

Don't get me wrong, I don't exactly want to see him banging in goals for Man U, but his decline is rapid.

Remember the last time he played Chelsea in the Super Cup and he just single handedly destroyed them. He was absolutely unreal.

• Advertisement

I'm guessing most people don't enjoy watching 10 men sit and counter attack at home when you are already walking the league.

Suppose most people respect winning football when it's entertaining because it's a harder feat when you have horrible styles like Chelsea's looking to spoil games.

I don't expect Chelsea fans care much, but I reckon most fans of the game don't care much for their brand of winning football. It's definitely ruining it as a spectator sport.

I assume you missed the first half of the season. Chelsea were the best footballing side by a country mile.

Keno wrote: »

Having said that, I'd hate to have to watch 38 league games, a handful of cup games and 11+ European games a year while playing like this.

Would you really care when you see your team lifting a trophy?

Surprised that Januzaj got penalised for that given everything else thats been let go (for both teams).

I would if I was paying to watch it. I could get just as much enjoyment from checking the league table every Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Not the first time Blackett has been scared to overlap. Poor sub.

I would if I was paying to watch it. I could get just as much enjoyment from checking the league table every Monday.

Winning football is always great when it's your team.

Find that hard to believe

Barr wrote: »
    I assume you missed the first half of the season. Chelsea were the best footballing side by a country mile.

They are the best team in the league quite comfortably. Theres no disputing that. I do recall Jose playing a 6 man midfield at old Trafford in September last season so let's not pretend he has them playing samba football!

Considering the financial clout of Chelsea it's not exactly a huge feat! It did help their cause that their biggest rivals fell to pieces or didn't get going until the last few weeks but next season will be a better test.

There is a reason they struggle to grow their fanbase. They aren't even the champions yet and people despise them.

I know people used to despise fergie but it wasn't because his teams football was mostly awful.

Not the first time Blackett has been scared to overlap. Poor sub.

Yep, I dont understand subbing Shaw out unless LVG had some fears about fitness/stamina being his first game back. But he was playing very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,592 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

4 more minutes of this :(

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

29% Ball Possession 71%
    7 Goal Attempts 13
    2 Shots on Goal 2
    2 Shots off Goal 8
    3 Blocked Shots 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Personally, I would find it a chore watching them for all of those games. I'd probably not be bothered watching them at the rate I'd like to during the season. The win at the end would be a great celebration but the journey to it would be draining for me.

If you can enjoy the style of play, more power to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

blueser wrote: »
    Agreed. Mourinho plays the way that maximises the potential of the players he has at his disposal, and the way that suits the team, rather than any individual player, the best. It's what any manager should be doing.

Not in this game.... They have defended for 75% of the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Di Maria and Janzaui have given away the ball over ten times since coming on.

They are the best team in the league quite comfortably. Theres no disputing that. Considering the financial clout of Chelsea it's not exactly a huge feat! It did help their cause that their biggest rivals fell to pieces or didn't get going until the last few weeks but next season will be a better test.

There is a reason they struggle to grow their fanbase. They aren't even the champions yet and people despise them.

I know people used to despise fergie but it wasn't because his teams football was mostly awful.

The more successful a side , the more they are despised.. just goes to show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

What a dive

Cheating so and so

Keno wrote: »
    Personally, I would find it a chore watching them for all of those games. I'd probably not be bothered watching them at the rate I'd like to during the season. The win at the end would be a great celebration but the journey to it would be draining for me.

If you can enjoy the style of play, more power to you.

In fairness though, it's not like they play like this all the time. They were destroying team earlier on in the season playing good football. He mixes it up.

But certainly, in the business end, Mourinho pulls out all the stops,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Holy **** my heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

**** off Herrera.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement