Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Manchester United Match Thread 18/4/15 k/o 17.30 Sky

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Johner wrote: »
    And unbeaten against the other teams in the top 6.

I'd like to see style points introduced, like proper sports like ice figure skating or synchronised swimming. So the win is less important than artistic flair. Surely scoring more goals than the other team shouldn't win a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Johner

You seem to think United fans are complaining because Chelsea will win the league

We are not, Nobody gives a monkeys as all we want to do it get Champions League this season

What we are talking about is " That was the most boring display of football Ive watched in years "

Its one track football against the big teams.

If I was a Chelsea supporter it would be better to go to a game not involving a top 4 team because you would be thinking how your arse hurts from the seat then whats happening on the pitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Football Friend

I'd like to see style points introduced, like proper sports like ice figure skating or synchronised swimming. So the win is less important than artistic flair. Surely scoring more goals than the other team shouldn't win a game.

And who decides what constitutes getting these 'style' points?

The phrase what gets measured gets done springs to mind.

Winning is what counts and Mourinho plays a winning style. That's all that matters to chelsea fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

I would watch john obi mikel sit on the ball for 90 mins, 38 times a year if it meant winning the title!!!

Get in!

Really starting to enjoy the ugly win!

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

And who decides what constitutes getting these 'style' points?

The phrase what gets measured gets done springs to mind.

Winning is what counts and Mourinho plays a winning style. That's all that matters to chelsea fans.

I think his post was entirely tongue in cheek.

At least I hope it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Trilla wrote: »
    Nice pic reply but he has a point, wouldn't totally 100% agree with the ref comment although he did make mistakes.

Enjoy the win and the title but his point stands.

Chelsea are hardly woeful, 2 defeats in 32 in the league. Hazard was the difference but that's what your best players are for. Costa is a big loss to the way we play he holds the ball up well and brings others into the game and allows us to keep possession longer, Drogba just isn't up to it any more. It might not be pretty but it's effective and if it meant winning the league every year I wouldn't mind playing that way.

It's sour grapes reagrding Chelseas style tbh. It's winning football. Give me that any day over expansive football.

Utd are hardly playing free flowing football all season lets face it.

Chelsea very close to the title now, well deserved too. No challengers in the end really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Johner

You seem to think United fans are complaining because Chelsea will win the league

We are not, Nobody gives a monkeys as all we want to do it get Champions League this season

What we are talking about is " That was the most boring display of football Ive watched in years "

Its one track football against the big teams.

If I was a Chelsea supporter it would be better to go to a game not involving a top 4 team because you would be thinking how your arse hurts from the seat then whats happening on the pitch

It's the main reason Chelsea are out of the Champions League because of their style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

edgecutter wrote: »
    It's the main reason Chelsea are out of the Champions League because of their style.
    as opposed to winning them premier league???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Chelsea have scored the most goals in the league, boring bastards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

jive wrote:

Boring against all the top teams duh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It's sour grapes reagrding Chelseas style tbh. It's winning football. Give me that any day over expansive football.

Utd are hardly playing free flowing football all season lets face it.

Chelsea very close to the title now, well deserved too. No challengers in the end really

Not really in my opinion. It's more so that the United fans are gutted and not sour. Well most of them

It's obvious Chelsea were shocking today in many ways but there's no denying their dominance in the league. well deserved league champions to be.

United fans should take solas in the performance United put in without Blind, Jones, Carrick and Rojo. A rusty Rvp on the bench also.

Well done Chelsea, they'll need improvement for next season if they continue to trickle like they are though.

United need improvement too but will be much better over the season next year.

Exciting one next season for both teams!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

jive wrote: »

Also lost 3 games in nearly 50 in total all year.

Bradford, newcastle and spurs.

I love being woeful and 10pts clear, id take that at this stage of any season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

duploelabs wrote: »
    as opposed to winning them premier league???

Chelsea have the league wrapped up because United an Arsenal took some time getting their houses in order. I am not denying that Chelsea deserved to win the league, they have been the most consistent all season and that deserves the league title, but I am pointing out that they won't go much further in Europe with the negativity they show.

Nolars wrote: »
    Boring against all the top teams duh

United are hardly a top team, just cause they spent loads of money on players LVG has mismanaged doesn't make them a top team. Top earners more apt.

edgecutter wrote: »
    Chelsea have the league wrapped up because United an Arsenal took some time getting their houses in order. I am not denying that Chelsea deserved to win the league, they have been the most consistent all season and that deserves the league title, but I am pointing out that they won't go much further in Europe with the negativity they show.

Yeh, that negativity has brought them next to no success in Europe over the last few years. They were all about the positive football in the Allianz arena

jive wrote:
    United are hardly a top team, just cause they spent loads of money on players LVG has mismanaged doesn't make them a top team. Top earners more apt.

Ah come off it how much have Chelsea spent and they are happy parking the bus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Aaaaaaand I'm out! Everyone else, don't bite :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I can see a few tasty bites being taken out of this one.

Ah come off it how much have Chelsea spent and they are happy parking the bus

What's that got to do with anything, United aren't a top team anymore they'll likely struggle for 4th again next year after City buy big and Arsenal are clearly a better side than United

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    Aaaaaaand I'm out! Everyone else, don't bite :)

Alright so 4th best team in England are a top team. United fans are becoming the new Liverpool fans. Next year will be United's year, it just took a while for LVG to really get things going haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Someone's being drinking anyway

wow. I have to Quote this

This has to be the opinion of 0.000000000001 of the worlds population

We have found you :eek:

wow. I have to Quote this

This has to be the opinion of 0.000.000.000.001 of the worlds population

We have found you :eek:

United haven't challenged since the great Fergie left. He looks a better manager with every passing year

United haven't challenged since the great Fergie left. He looks a better manager with every passing year

You mean like a whole 2 seasons ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

Am I after losing a few years somewhere........?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done Chelsea and well done to soon be league winners.

United played well but credit to Chelsea who were very organised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If Chelsea had went out and tried to play United probably would have beaten them, brilliant by Mourinho and a deserved league title on the way

One things for sure this United team looks on the right track and 1 or 2 players away from being title challengers again, looking forward to next season

You mean like a whole 2 seasons ago?

Yeh, 2 trophyless seasons ago in Uniteds case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Don't feed the troll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It's just your jive talkin'
    You're telling me lies, yeah
    Jive talkin'
    You wear a disguise
    Jive talkin'
    So misunderstood, yeah
    Jive talkin'
    You really no good

Yeh, 2 trophyless seasons ago in Uniteds case

Where Chelsea a Top team last season?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If Chelsea had went out and tried to play United probably would have beaten them,

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

If Chelsea had went out and tried to play United probably would have beaten them, brilliant by Mourinho and a deserved league title on the way

One things for sure this United team looks on the right track and 1 or 2 players away from being title challengers again, looking forward to next season

Can't argue with any of that, United just need a couple of additions and they'll be challenging next year. Next season should be a real title race between Chelsea, Arsenal and United, I think City need the most work.

Where Chelsea a Top team last season?

giphy.gif

Yeh cause they actually were in with a shout of winning the league unlike United who are just happy to squeeze into the top4 ahead of Southampton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Yeh cause they actually were in with a shout of winning the league unlike United who are just happy to squeeze into the top4 ahead of Southampton

Southampton I or II?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

utter rollox, you actually think we didn't "play"??!!
    At least we didn't out our best striker in midfield and play a donkey like Falcao
    up front>Twas like watching Torres all over again.
    And not playing Di Maria, once one of the best wingers in the world?
    You were much the better team in the first half, but playing Fellaini against poor sides has somehow convinced you all he is actually a good player , when in fact he was owned by a 19yr making a rare start and out of position.
    But hey just join the sheep and say we parked the bus instead of giving your own team credit for nullifying our attack!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Jive is this your first year ever watching football?

I think i will let for fellow fans feel embarrassed for you

At least we didn't out our best striker in midfield and play a donkey like Falcao
    You were much the better team in the first half, but playing Fellaini against poor sides has somehow convinced you all he is actually a good player , when in fact he was owned by a 19yr making a rare start and out of position.
    But hey just join the sheep and say we parked the bus instead of giving your own team credit for nullifying our attack!

Any chance of a few paragraphs?

• Advertisement

Phoenix wrote: »
    Is jive a Chelsea fan????

Im guessing they hope not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Phoenix wrote: »
    Is jive a Chelsea fan????

I think an ABU.

:o

Im guessing they hope not

They cant keep up, a lot of new members.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Eh, english?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Never happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Never happened.

you're right. he's 20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I can see a few tasty bites being taken out of this one.

Tbf, he's been at it all day. May as well try one last hail Mary.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think an ABU.

:o

Nah, WBA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Any chance of a few paragraphs?

Paragraphs are the work of the devil

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Nice win for Chelsea and the title is surely theirs.

They are not a great side though and it's unsurprising that they struggled against PSG, who are a better side than United.

United and City will strengthen this summer and Mourinho's reliance on a genius to make something happen so he can keep playing his pragmaball may not be enough in the future.

Of course Chelsea have no money so will not strengthen their squad in the summer.

Good call there

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement