Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Railway Run - 2015

Options
  • 17-04-2015 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

This run is coming up this weekend on Sunday 19th, Looks like there is good numbers for the 25k option (200+), Hopefully the weather will be better than last year.

http://thegreatrailwayrun.com/grrHome.php

Is anybody else doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Was going to do the 25km but circumstances changed and I can't go now. It looks brilliant - I'm disappointed.

Best of luck - which option are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

I am doing the 25k option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

this wind would want to calm down a bit, otherwise the 25km runners will be finding it hard from Rochestown to Monkstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Thankfully beautiful conditions for this. I ran the 25k. A bit all over the place because no roads were closed but a good buzz about the place.
    The cheer from the 10km runners at Monkstown was brilliant.
    Plenty of water along the way which helped.
    Soup and a roll at the finish was appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Really enjoyed this 25k run, Great weather and atmosphere for it.
    There were lots of water stations and marshals along the course. Happy with my result to get in under the 2 hrs.
    Also managed to better my 10 mile and half marathon times.
    The finish was a bit congested, That was my only gripe.
    So well done to all involved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement