Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Vancouver!!

Options
  • 17-04-2015 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi guys I'm moving to Vancouver next January and looking for some advice:tips.

I'm moving to burnaby and just wondering what's it like for apartments/houses to rent there will be 3 of us moving. Also is it easy to get a job I have already one or two jobs possibly lined up but just would like to know in general. Also is the money decent over there? Any info or experiences appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 flynn29

Hi guys I'm moving to burnaby in Vancouver next January, I heard when renting u can only start renting at the 1st of the month so I wouldn't be able to start renting on say the 12th of the month is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

Why are you so dead set on moving to Burnaby?

Personally I would recommend somewhere a bit closer to the city. Burnaby is more family based suburb, you'd really need a car to get around, and would take a bit to get downtown (depending on how close to the Skytrain you live).

If you will be working in Burnaby then I'd suggest somewhere like Main St/Commercial Drive areas which are half way to Burnaby but much more stuff happening.

But to answer your question, generally in Vancouver rental periods are from the first of the month, there are exceptions, but 90% of the time from what I've seen its on the 1st of the month.

From a jobs point of view, depends what you do. Some areas are plenty of jobs and well paid, other areas can be difficult to get a job and good wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 flynn29

Cheers for the reply dude, going over to a friend a mine who will be in burnaby but I'm easy to be honest plus I think the city would be more expensive, any other areas u would recommend, regarding jobs I'm a landscaper from what I have read and heard there's a demand for landscapers out there, if u have any other tips or info it would be great cheers

Advertisement