Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first Electric Ireland bill

Options
  • 17-04-2015 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I switched to EI in feb from Airtricity, I was paying on average 98 euro for two months with them, my first bill From Ei has just come through the door it's 174.14 for 70 days. my tariff is domestic it seems as If I'm paying more, when I switched I was led to believe my bill would be reduced but it seems it has increased.
    Will I incur any charges if I switch back to Airtricity.
    thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Pa the Blah,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Have you checked if your bill has been estimated? Your meter would be read four times a year and would be estimated twice a year. If there are any access problems in relation to the meter, there may be more estimations.

If you would like us to check your account for you, please send us a private message with your name, address, account number and contact number or date of birth. You would also need to confirm that you are the named account holder.

Regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Pa the Blah

Hi Aoife,

No it is not an estimate it was read.

p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Pa the Blah,

We would recommend you compare your consumption on your bills and check if your last reading with the other supplier was estimated. Did you have a monthly budget plan with other supplier or a bimonthly bill?

If you would like us to take a look at your account, we would be happy to do so. We would just need you to confirm your details as mentioned above.

Regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement