Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings Account withdrawal

Options
  • 17-04-2015 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi,
    Looking for some good savings rate from Banks.

Ques- What happens if I withdraw before a year. PTSB for example is giving 2.1 on regular saver. If i withdraw in 6 months time or 10 months time, will that mean that no interest will be given. Or that's calculated based on the number of days my money was parked.

Any withdrawal fine I should be worrying about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Seriously?

There are countless threads on here asking about best rates - check some of them

If you have a particular question about a specific bank, give them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

gogreen81 wrote: »
    Looking for some good savings rate from Banks.

Have a read of this guide here.
    Ques- What happens if I withdraw before a year. PTSB for example is giving 2.1 on regular saver. If i withdraw in 6 months time or 10 months time, will that mean that no interest will be given. Or that's calculated based on the number of days my money was parked.

PTSB pay 1.75% with the PTSB Online Regular Saver product and 1.75% with the PTSB 21 Day Notice Regular Saver product. 2.10% was the old rate.

Interest is accrued on a daily basis based on close of business balances. "Number of days parked" as you put it.
    Any withdrawal fine I should be worrying about?

With the PTSB Online Regular Saver product their is no withdrawal fees nor notice period required.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

Thanks JTMan,
    compared withBOI rates and I must say that BOI rates are pathetic.

Yeah, Bank of Ireland offer some of the lowest deposit rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Nationwide UK Ireland give 4% for 15 months regular saver, which is excellent. Or KBC offer 3.5% regular savers with term limit. They also offer 1.5% instant access with their deposit account.

BOI probably offer low rates, as banks are actually awash with money at the moment.There is so many borrower paying down debts,while huge amounts of savings.

• Advertisement

They also offer 1.5% instant access with their deposit account.

1.25% AER variable from 5 May 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

thinking of moving to KBC as they offer better mortgage rates if you bank with them.

Advertisement