Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New apple UK/IE travel plug

• 17-04-2015 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭

Saw it over on 9-5Mac

Folding-UK-Plug-and-Red-Apple-Watch-800x460.png

Clever working. Looks very handy. Think I'll have to get a couple of them when it comes out. Forever scratching stuff in my bag with the three pronged bas*ard

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

OU812 wrote: »
    Saw it over on 9-5Mac

Folding-UK-Plug-and-Red-Apple-Watch-800x460.png

Clever working. Looks very handy. Think I'll have to get a couple of them when it comes out. Forever scratching stuff in my bag with the three pronged bas*ard

Really surpised to see it's taken this long for Apple to roll out something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭OU812

Looked into it last night & there's a couple of different types of folding plug on the market. There's one called the "slimplug" Which appears to come with a moulded cable pre attached, which pretty much renders it useless for apple products, this is the only one to be approved to safety standards:

slimplug-copy3.jpg

There was also supposed to be one from a UK company which despite winning a design award didn't get off the ground:

20091215115.jpg

They did release a USB version which looks decent but has a slightly protruding prong & is £15

TheMu.jpg

Advertisement