Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems running GTA5

Options
  • 17-04-2015 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭

Here are my specs:

intel core i5 4690k haswell @ 3.50ghz

8 gb ddr 3

XFX R9 270x with latest drivers installed

Running windows 7 64bit.

Do i not meet the specs or is it a bug?

Game runs perfect sometimes but then it chokes don't know why.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What settings are you playing on? Does it choke after certain events or randomly? Seen people online saying their fps dives in mountains or flying.

270X should be enough on Mid-High settings. Turn off shadows or AA and see if there's any change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

What settings are you playing on? Does it choke after certain events or randomly? Seen people online saying their fps dives in mountains or flying.

270X should be enough on Mid-High settings. Turn off shadows or AA and see if there's any change

I have everything turned to it's lowest or off still no change. Tried changing to dx10 no difference either. Im driving away fine then for a few seconds stutters then fine then stutters.

All other games are fine? Or GPU Stress tests like furmark?

All other games are fine? Or GPU Stress tests like furmark?

oLCMnsa.png

Quick google says drops are common when driving, Vsync seems to help. After that, I haven't a clue. Best of luck with it

• Advertisement

Quick google says drops are common when driving, Vsync seems to help. After that, I haven't a clue. Best of luck with it

But the drops are so bad it's not playable. I guess i'll just have to wait for a fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Try downloading the latest AMD GTA V beta drivers. They upper my fps by a 3rd.

Venom wrote: »
    Try downloading the latest AMD GTA V beta drivers. They upper my fps by a 3rd.

I have the new beta drivers and they are optimized for gta could this be some sort of memory leak problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

I have the new beta drivers and they are optimized for gta could this be some sort of memory leak problem?

Seems it's definitely your end. Has been reported stuttering now and again but not so much someone would say unplayable.

do you have the steam version?

Seems it's definitely your end. Has been reported stuttering now and again but not so much someone would say unplayable.

do you have the steam version?

Well i don't know what it is when walking around i get 130 FPS and when driving i get around 20FPS and dips as low as 5 then stutters. Yes i have the steam version.

• Advertisement

Well i don't know what it is when walking around i get 130 FPS and when driving i get around 20FPS and dips as low as 5 then stutters. Yes i have the steam version.

Verify the game cache.

List your settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

For what it's worth: 4790K / 970. I'm usually around 90 FPS or so, but I've seen drops as low as 40 while driving around.

Verify the game cache.

List your settings.

22o4spt.jpg
    PB9JgL2.jpg
    Ni41adN.jpg
    TXqKZml.jpg
    xYUFNyX.jpg

There is wide reports of some dropping. but not in the making it unplayable department.

Seen some having memory leakage issue due to some ssd setting.

idk... i guess i'll just wait and see if they patch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Its something up with the game op,needs a patch. I also had terrible stuttering and thought I had it fixed but that was short lived, but when I tried the following it worked.

I upped my virtual memory pagefile to 15000 mb and I know this sounds crazy but I read online from users with similar problems that when you go to in game settings\ advanced settings and switched the 3 options to on, for me, it helped massively. I left the slider thing at 0 but just switched on the long shadows, high res shadows and high detail streaming. I thought this would choke my game but gave it a shot anyway. Now it seems a lot smoother, still not perfect but big improvement. I'm not sure if it was the virtual memory change or the advanced settings that did the trick so just try both.

BTW I'm playing on an I5 3570k @4.2GHz, 8GB ram and a R9 290 @1100MHz core / 1400Mhz memory

Advertisement