Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smelly poop and scratching sofa

• 17-04-2015 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Princess Foxy's crown is slipping.

She has taken to scratching the corner of my fabric sofa. She has four scratching poles on her castle plus a further three poles - anyone know where I can buy anti scratch tape? I'm going to need it tomorrow as telling her "Stop being bold" just gets filthy looks and sulking.

Her diet seems to be playing havoc with her poop. I could sell it as a nuclear weapon. She eats tuna, cooked chicken, complete kitty biscuits, and sometimes cat pate (doesn't like the jelly or gravy versions), plus Dreamies. What is most likely to be the cause of the noxious fumes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

We used to put towels (hand towels not big ones)on the arms of the sofa, cat goes to scratch towel falls on them, they don't like that.
    Also saying 'ah ah' loudly when you catch them, helps.
    I rub catnip into scratching posts, encourages them to use them, and how high are the actual post bits?
    I have found about 2ft or more is best, they like to stretch and scratch.

One of ours came through a rescue at about 4 months, she had been handed back in, and we quickly discovered why. I have never smelled anything so bad, if she used the litter tray in the downstairs toilet, it would wake up at night, the smell travelled through the whole house, only solution was flush it quick.
    We did discover grain free food improved the stink, but it was still bad, just tolerable. I tried natural yogurt and other things but she's still smelly, but goes outside now so not so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

I love that Princess Foxy is showing her true colours :D

Ive shouted loudly NO! at Tux for scratching the sofa/chair arms so often now, she sort of flinches, turns to give me FILTHY look, then walks on, as if she wasnt going to actually scratch the sofa at all - All I have to say is her name in a 'warning voice' now, when I see her approach the sofa :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

aonb wrote: »
    I love that Princess Foxy is showing her true colours :D

Ive shouted loudly NO! at Tux for scratching the sofa/chair arms so often now, she sort of flinches, turns to give me FILTHY look, then walks on, as if she wasnt going to actually scratch the sofa at all - All I have to say is her name in a 'warning voice' now, when I see her approach the sofa :cool:

When your not there she scratches the ****e out of them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

on_my_oe wrote: »
    Panyone know where I can buy anti scratch tape? I'm going to need it tomorrow as telling her "Stop being bold" just gets filthy looks and sulking.
    Double sided tape will sort it out and put a post next to it to redirect the scratching. A few weeks should be more than enough.
    Her diet seems to be playing havoc with her poop. I could sell it as a nuclear weapon. She eats tuna, cooked chicken, complete kitty biscuits, and sometimes cat pate (doesn't like the jelly or gravy versions), plus Dreamies. What is most likely to be the cause of the noxious fumes?
    We have one cat who's dropping WMDs no matter what she eats but simply try to eliminate the latest food change and work from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

I find balance dry and wet food for my little one plus the crystal litter helps no end with the smell!
    It used to be unbearable!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Arya is getting very scratchy on the sides of the bed too. And theres a lovely scratching post right beside it! Her poop isnt too smelly thankfully. Her diet is RC Calm dry food in the morning and LIDL premium gravy food pouch (she wont eat any other wet food!). She isnt that interested in food so no Dreamies, and she doesnt seem to like chicken, tuna etc...

But overall she is still very princess-like :) Although she came back in from an outside excursion yesterday with FILTHY paws!! I think she was burying a non smelly poop :)

Advertisement