Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa v Liverpool FA Cup Semi Final 3 PM on BT Sport

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

niallo27 wrote: »
    Outclassed by a really poor team is just not good enough. Henderson can't play with Gerrard. Embarrassing performance.

At least he won't have to soon.
    Hope I never see Gerrard in a yellow kit again.
    Give him a few minutes against Chelsea and move on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

z93Cq.gif

back to the Villa thread lads this place is no good for us anymore...

wahey Tekkers and Delph, easily our star men

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

wow - outplayed by villa, that's a new low

arsenal to stoll the final, judging by villa's reaction they're happy just to be there

Guys like Lovren, Moreno and Markovic cost millions and nowhere near good enough

tactics and substitutions in the final also abysmal - Rodgers can't win a game when it counts, even if he won this he'd have found a way to lose the final anyway

Give me Klopp now and I'll take it

stevie has already won an FA cup final almost on his own so not bothered by that, in fact he has a few FA cup medals, that was just a silly media narrative, Liverpool's problems run far deeper than Stevie not getting his birthday present

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Holy crap Arsenal fans still going on about BT Sports and their imaginary hate of Arsenal

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

FutureGuy wrote: »
    2-1 to Villa. Benteke has been imperious.

Brilliant brilliant result for the Villians. Delighted for Sheewood to be honest.

Deserved to get to Wembley after that performance.

Ballotelli needs to be sold asap. Not a **** was given.

Utterly delighted. Backed the result with a tenner and have Arsenal to win the cup :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Well done Villa, at least everyone can shut up about it being "written in the stars" that Gerrard will win the FA cup now, or some other similar bullcrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Should really have tried harder to cap Grealish for Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Looper007 wrote: »
    :pac:

???????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Two great results. Villa get to the final and we don't have to look at or listen to Slippy Stevie for the next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Catch 22 for Liverpool as its either stick with Rodgers or promote a manager from below who could be even worse

As a United fan I think Rodgers is doing a great job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

Catch 22 for Liverpool as its either stick with Rodgers or promote a manager from below who could be even worse

Try harder :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Reminiscent of the ol Rafa Meme? Keep Rodgers At Pool?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Villa were thoroughly deserving of the win. I thought they completely dominated the game and played some lovely football at times.

That liverpool performance was pretty pathetic. No drive, no desire, no heart. Gerrard,Sterling, Coutinho and Henderson should hang their heads. People will blame Rogers, and rightfully so in some respects but the players have to take a lot of the criticism IMO.

Villa will be no pushover in the final either. I think Arsenal will still win but Villa are going to make them seriously work for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Reminiscent of the ol Rafa Meme? Keep Rodgers At Pool?

Spelling not your strong point I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Holy crap Arsenal fans still going on about BT Sports and their imaginary hate of Arsenal

Where did he allude to Arsenal in that post or BBC/BT having a perceived hatred of them?

He was rightly pointing out that it would of been a predictable and over-bearing fawning of it being Gerrard's last game at Liverpool and how "fantastic" it would be if Liverpool won it for him and the idea of a fairytale ending.

That would have been the narrative regardless of whether Arsenal were in the final.

Anyway, Grealish really was great, showed no fear and carried the ball excellently.
    Lovely backpass by Benteke for their second, him, Delph and Grealish combined brillantly for the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Well done Villa deserved it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Some serious fans in my workplace today. Everyone gathered around the big TV with the cup semi on. Theres a smaller TV off to the side with Leinster vs Toulon on it. Around the 80 minute mark, a few of these massive Pool fans literally turn their back on the main TV and start watching the rugby. "Sure we may win this instead, lads". You couldn't make it up! I suppose it's their equivalent of leaving the stadium early or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I wonder will Gerrard watch the match on TV or get a ticket to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Good to see a few of the irish lads get to the final. Given, Grealish & Clark. Hopefully a few of them will start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

In tears, unbelievable.

Delighted for you, and for Villa and for Tim the gooner Sherwood.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

From bbc
    The captain's armband on his arm will have a new home next season and Gerrard, arguably the club's finest ever player, will end his final season with no silverware.

So, like most of his other seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Thoughts go out to this guy

https://vine.co/v/O19eJlPln0T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Omackeral wrote: »
    Some serious fans in my workplace today. Everyone gathered around the big TV with the cup semi on. Theres a smaller TV off to the side with Leinster vs Toulon on it. Around the 80 minute mark, a few of these massive Pool fans literally turn their back on the main TV and start watching the rugby. "Sure we may win this instead, lads". You couldn't make it up! I suppose it's their equivalent of leaving the stadium early or something.

Where do you work that you have to work on a Sunday with other people and you are all given time to watch multiple TVs for a couple of hours?
    You say you couldn't make it up but I think you did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Kinet1c wrote: »
    From bbc

So, like most of his other seasons.

A villa fan commenting on silverware ?? I know you won today but the man has won more in his career then your club has in the space of his career :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

murpho999 wrote: »
    Where do you work that you have to work on a Sunday with other people and you are all given time to watch multiple TVs for a couple of hours?

A pub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I've worked in 2 places where this would have been possible.

One was a large electrical retailer where there were multiple TVs showing various sports on a Sunday.

The other was a call centre for a console technical support line, with a TV with aconsole hooked up to it about every 10-15 feet along the floor, with various streaming apps on PCs too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

A villa fan commenting on silverware ?? I know you won today but the man has won more in his career then your club has in the space of his career :)

Suppose nobody can have opinions on any trophies unless there Barca/Real/Munich who win all the time so ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I backed Villa at 6/1 and collected €300. I'm a Liverpool supporter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

That was a ridiculously mature reaction.Maybe instead they should have started a row with a few Aston Villa fan's in the pub.

• Advertisement

Suppose nobody can have opinions on any trophies unless there Barca/Real/Munich who win all the time so ?

It wasn't an opinion. He was having a dig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭rebelomar

Fair play to Liverpool fans here...classy in defeat.

As a Villa fan I've been to Anfield a few times now and always great fans there.

Didn't happen for ye today but I think ye can kick on next season. Saurez was such a huge loss to ye and can't be overstated. The fear factor has lessened to a degree for the opposition without him.

Villa pressed really high today that teams wouldn't have dreamed of doing last season.
    Combined with Sturridge injuries and Mario being signed over Rodgers head it was always gonna be a big challenge to match last season's form.

Big summer ahead for both Liverpool and Villa.

Hopefully this will give us the confidence to stay up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I backed Villa at 6/1 and collected €300. I'm a Liverpool supporter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

rebelomar wrote: »
    Fair play to Liverpool fans here...classy in defeat.

As a Villa fan I've been to Anfield a few times now and always great fans there.

Didn't happen for ye today but I think ye can kick on next season. Saurez was such a huge loss to ye and can't be overstated. The fear factor has lessened to a degree for the opposition without him.

Villa pressed really high today that teams wouldn't have dreamed of doing last season.
    Combined with Sturridge injuries and Mario being signed over Rodgers head it was always gonna be a big challenge to match last season's form.

Big summer ahead for both Liverpool and Villa.

Hopefully this will give us the confidence to stay up.

Mario being signed over Rodgers head?? Rodgers has the final say on all transfers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

What's wrong with opposing the team you follow if you think they will lose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

A pub?

People would not be gathered around a TV in a pub. He made it sound more like a normal work environment with colleagues not customers
    I've worked in 2 places where this would have been possible.

One was a large electrical retailer where there were multiple TVs showing various sports on a Sunday.

The other was a call centre for a console technical support line, with a TV with aconsole hooked up to it about every 10-15 feet along the floor, with various streaming apps on PCs too.

If you are in work you world not be given time to be gathered aorund a TV and then go off to another for 2 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

If you are in work you world not be given time to be gathered aorund a TV and then go off to another for 2 hours.

You've worked in the same places as me I take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Villa looked good today anyway. Benteke is a menace, can't see him being at Villa next season, can't imagine the fans will be too upset with him if he leaves either. Be nice to see them going on to win it now, everyone loves an underdog sure.

Work in a prison. Not only do I work Sundays, I work Christmas too. We get breaks, believe it or not. And in our mess we have 4 TV's. What do you do hot shot, apart from accusing people of making stuff up in forums for kudos?

People would not be gathered around a TV in a pub. He made it sound more like a normal work environment with colleagues not customers .
    It was with colleagues.

Given a 20 minute tea break. Coincided with the end of the game. Never mentioned a thing about watching a game for 2 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

It was with colleagues.

Given a 20 minute tea break. Coincided with the end of the game. Never mentioned a thing about watching a game for 2 hours.

You said around the 80 minute mark they turned around and watched the other game, I would have taken from that they watched the whole game and not just 5 or ten mins of it. Why you getting worked up. No one is putting down what you work at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Congrats Villa.

I didnt get to watch the match but im in shock over the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Happy for Cleverly and United old boy Richardson.

Well do me Villa. Better team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Anywhere I can catch the highlights tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

quarryman wrote: »
    Anywhere I can catch the highlights tonight?

BBC1HD 11:30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

You said around the 80 minute mark they turned around and watched the other game, I would have taken from that they watched the whole game and not just 5 or ten mins of it. Why you getting worked up. No one is putting down what you work at.

He was just accused of being a liar, that's all

ronjo wrote: »
    He was just accused of being a liar, that's all

I presume he thought like me they sat around for a few hours on a Sunday watching the football and rugby while getting paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Hope Gerrard has a stormer and sickens so many people.

:p

Worked up? Nah not really. Someone said I was making stuff up (why would I bother?) and I explained how I wasn't. Where's the being worked up in that?

I presume he thought like me they sat around for a few hours on a Sunday watching the football and rugby while getting paid.

He thought wrong. I hardly got worked up. Just shared a story!

• Advertisement
Advertisement