Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa v Liverpool FA Cup Semi Final 3 PM on BT Sport

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Liverpool fans having nothing to worry about at the end of the season except what people are working at and how they can get time off. Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

mikeym wrote: »
    BBC1HD 11:30pm.

Actually 11.20.

MOTD (PL highlights) on at 10.30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

B17G wrote: »
    Actually 11.20.

MOTD (PL highlights) on at 10.30.

My mistake :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Omackeral wrote: »
    He thought wrong. I hardly got worked up. Just shared a story!

No worries. I just thought with the hot shot stuff you were pissed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I know as a utd fan im going against the grain but I felt a small bit sad for Gerrard. The last time he'll have a chance to win a trophy at Liverpool gone with a whimper. Sure he has won CL's and FA cups but it must really hurt to end a season and a career like this.

Sad to see he's getting a lot of hate from pool fans too. Fair enough he probably shouldnt be starting as many games as he should but thats squarely on the managers feet.

If I was him I would just retire instead of going to MLS. MLS is awful. It was an eye opener watching Henry being driven crazy by the players in his team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Headshot wrote: »
    I know as a utd fan im going against the grain but I felt a small bit sad for Gerrard. The last time he'll have a chance to win a trophy at Liverpool gone with a whimper. Sure he has won CL's and FA cups but it must really hurt to end a season and a career like this.

Sad to see he's getting a lot of hate from pool fans too. Fair enough he probably shouldnt be starting as many games as he should but thats squarely on the managers feet.

If I was him I would just retire instead of going to MLS. MLS is awful. It was an eye opener watching Henry being driven crazy by the players in his team.

Gerrard will absolutely love being a big deal again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Headshot wrote: »

There is good money there. And the games are exciting to play in. I'm sure Robbie Keane has enjoyed the sun, the money, the goals he's scored and the trophies he's won while there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

niallo27 wrote: »
    No worries. I just thought with the hot shot stuff you were pissed off.

To be very honest with you Niallo, I was delighted that he set up such an easy comeback for me after trying to make me look like a thick that made up stories.

Were Villa worth the win? Only saw the last 20 and they were clinging on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Kirby wrote: »
    There is good money there. And the games are exciting to play in. I'm sure Robbie Keane has enjoyed the sun, the money, the goals he's scored and the trophies he's won while there.

meh Mickey mouse cups

Defoe couldnt come back soon enough

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Some serious fans in my workplace today. Everyone gathered around the big TV with the cup semi on. Theres a smaller TV off to the side with Leinster vs Toulon on it. Around the 80 minute mark, a few of these massive Pool fans literally turn their back on the main TV and start watching the rugby. "Sure we may win this instead, lads". You couldn't make it up! I suppose it's their equivalent of leaving the stadium early or something.

So your work place has separate TVs with separate satellite boxes to watch sky sports and BT sports at the same time.

Cool place to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

So your work place has separate TVs with separate satellite boxes to watch sky sports and BT sports at the same time.

Cool place to work!

Jaysus let it go

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Cool place to work!

My old workplace did.

Cool place to work!

And terrestrial, snooker was on also. Is it really that unbelievable!? We've got a social club in work which lads pay a euro or so into each pay packet which funds the likes of sports channels, pool tables and vending machines.

And terrestrial, snooker was on also. Is it really that unbelievable!? We've got a social club in work which lads pay a euro or so into each pay packet which funds the likes of sports channels, pool tables and vending machines.

I think your going to have to take a photo of yourself in uniform eating a snickers beside a pool table with two TVs on different stations and a well known criminal to your right, in chains and a copy of your payslip and then maybe he'll believe you........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Soups123 wrote: »
    I think your going to have to take a photo of yourself in uniform eating a snickers beside a pool table with two TVs on different stations and a well known criminal to your right, in chains and a copy of your payslip and then maybe he'll believe you........

And todays paper. What if he used to work there. We need the paper to be sure. And holding up a sign with his username to make sure it's actually him!

And he could be photoshopping it all anyway!

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don't know much about prisons so I'm struggling to keep up with the thread now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

CSF wrote: »
    I don't know much about prisons so I'm struggling to keep up with the thread now.

More like a sportsbar from the sounds if it!

murpho999 wrote: »
    Where do you work that you have to work on a Sunday with other people and you are all given time to watch multiple TVs for a couple of hours?
    You say you couldn't make it up but I think you did.

Cool place to work!

Just looking at both of your usernames, are you boys related? Father and son maybe. And do you work in the emergency services perhaps with those 999's worked in. Sure you boys should know exactly what I'm on about with the rec rooms/mess..

Anyways, back to the football. Were Villa worth their win?

Anyways, back to the football. Were Villa worth their win?

Yes they were very good from when Pool scored their goal

Liverpool just never got going, maybe the occasion got to them very slow tempo and speed for the whole game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Not a Liverpool nor Villa fan but from the first goal onwards I really enjoyed the game. The first 25 mins or so was awful.

I have to say, Villa's 2 goals were as good a team goal as you'll see, especially the first one.

Delph got all of the applauds on BT for laying up the first goal but the finish by Benteke was awfully tough the way he took it and maybe a tad underappreciated. Grealish's play with Delph was great there too.

The second goal between the three of them was again great.

It's Arsenal's final in a far more comfortable one than last year I'd imagine.

I'll say 2-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Congrats to Villa and best of luck in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Villa just need to avoid doing a Wigan, make sure they have PL safety before they start resting players for the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Villa just need to avoid doing a Wigan, make sure they have PL safety before they start resting players for the final.

Wigan had games to play after their FA cup win. the FA cup is after Villa EPL season is complete.

Advertisement