Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

single female traveller widow

• 18-04-2015 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi could anyone advise me on a travel company suitable for single people to join up with a group for tours?
    My husband passed away at 34yrs recently and we had travelled a lot together around the world. I am alone and most of my friends have kids etc so will not jump on a plane to touring etc. I would like to join a small tour group of like minded tourists for city/historical adventures. Not Magaluf orientated holidays!
    I am quiet by nature and would really have safety and reliability as important factors in such tour companies. Any ideas please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭edeldonlon

Hello,
    Sorry about the loss of your husband. I love to travel and decided that if I wait for my friends all the time I would never go anywhere. I have now travelled twice with g adventures. They offer different levels of service packages and the comfort level tends to have a mixture from 23-65 on both tours that I have been on. They will arrange an evening dinner for people and you can decide if you would like to attend or not. Generally it is great in countries that a female may not feel 100% safe. I have done India and Nepal and also the absolute Peru tour. If you would like any information about these please so not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

Edel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

Hi could anyone advise me on a travel company suitable for single people to join up with a group for tours?
    My husband passed away at 34yrs recently and we had travelled a lot together around the world. I am alone and most of my friends have kids etc so will not jump on a plane to touring etc. I would like to join a small tour group of like minded tourists for city/historical adventures. Not Magaluf orientated holidays!
    I am quiet by nature and would really have safety and reliability as important factors in such tour companies. Any ideas please

Sorry for your loss also!
    From reading your post the first thing I thought was "What a great idea" as there must be a market for people that would like to travel in a group rather than alone...

I am sure that there are companies that organise group tours.

What would be your ideal holiday type/destination, etc.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Condolences on your loss. Here is a website that might give you some options.
    https://www.traveldepartment.ie/holiday-types/solo-friendly-holidays/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,730 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Condolences on your loss. Here is a website that might give you some options.
    https://www.traveldepartment.ie/holiday-types/solo-friendly-holidays/

Also sorry for your loss :(

As regards your query, I'd like to also recommend the Travel Department. They have holidays tailored specifically towards solo travellers as you will see if you browse the site. I have only been away with them once on an all be it non solo holiday but I have never had anyone say a bad word about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭jjnaas

Strumms wrote: »
    Also sorry for your loss :(

As regards your query, I'd like to also recommend the Travel Department. They have holidays tailored specifically towards solo travellers as you will see if you browse the site. I have only been away with them once on an all be it non solo holiday but I have never had anyone say a bad word about them.

My mam heads off with Travel Department every year because the father hates travelling. She loves it. It mostly couples 30s+ and usually a few solo women or pairs of friends. In fact she's met solo travellers on the tours that she's since headed off on other holidays with. I'd definitely say they'd suit you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

I can second G Adventures- I’ve been on 4 different trips with them and I can’t speak highly enough about them. All you have to worry about is enjoying yourself!! Great people on these tours that are generally all on the same wavelength as yourself- to have a good time. The tours are pretty compact I found- you’re up early and out and about every day but it’s all at a nice pace. If you want to explore and make the most of sightseeing and adventures- go with G!

ask here if you want to find out any more details.

Advertisement