Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concert 17/18-04-15. Dublin 8

Options
  • 18-04-2015 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

So, late at night and I can hear a concert of some sort with loud enough music. I'm thinking its up in Kilmainham (the royal hospital).

Anyone know what's going on? I'm on Meath street and a friend in Fatima can also hear it. Strange!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

I don't think it's in the RHK. I've heard concerts there before but not like that now...strange alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

tampopo wrote: »
    I don't think it's in the RHK. I've heard concerts there before but not like that now...strange alright...

Can you hear it? I've got a suspicion that it may be an impromptu kind of concert somewhere on the grounds of Guinness's. Nowhere else would be allowed play this late that loud so I reckon its not an official concert venue.

And Guinness's because they're the only ones with enough space for something like that, or NCAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

I heard 'something'. I'm nearer RHK than you. Yes, it must be Guinness alright. What little bit of sound that's is coming from that direction...It must be fierce loud at the location itself...

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Yip

Anyone know where or what it is? 4.30am and still going...

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Trinity Ball was on last night, maybe that's what you were hearing?

• Advertisement

Yeah I believe it was the trinity ball. Or the Tivoli (District 8).

One of those two. I don't know about the trinity ball though? Would they not be strict enough about noise pollution considering they host it every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Where was it located though? It sounded as though the noise was coming from somewhere around Guinness's and not as far away as RHK.

Aard wrote: »
    Where was it located though? It sounded as though the noise was coming from somewhere around Guinness's and not as far away as RHK.

Tivoli is Francis street.

I'm sure as there was so many big acts that it was the trinity ball! I doubt anywhere else had a set up for that kind of sound.

The Tivoli is on most weekends and around the corner from me, I have never heard it before so I doubt it was there.

Advertisement