Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who cares?

• 18-04-2015 3:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

So I'm driving home to Donabate and I join Turvey Ave at the 24 hour garage end. Before I join the road a Silver BMW goes by with two white dogs in the back goes by. Both dogs are head and paws out the passenger side.

A couple of hundred metres up the straight a red car pulls out between me and the silver BMW. Shortly after, the red car hits the breaks and stops
    The BMW is still doing the limit and hasn't slowed at all. Next thing I see is a white pitbull running up the road towards me. The red car is flashing the BMW and a land rover heading the other way jams on to avoid hitting the dog.

The BMW doesn't slow at all until the end of the straight until the red civic finally gets their attention and they realise one of their dogs are missing!

The BMW was as close as you could be to the hedge and the dog appeared to have been caught by a tree branch through his collar and pulled from the car.

I pulled in next to the BMW and the red Civic and gave the driver some verbals. They just waved me off and dismissed me when I said they shouldn't have pets.

I tried to call the DSPCA but it was after hours. GARDAI didn't want to know, not an offence to have an unrestrained animal in the back seat!?

Should I bother to follow this up? It was an awful scene and attitude from the BMW driver.

Would you bother to follow it through? I really want these people to know they did something wrong! But from their attitude I doubt they will.

Ken

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

To be honest I wouldn't. While the incident has you worked up and rightly angry, the shocking lack of response you're going to get will tip you over into heart attack territory. All you can do is hope there is reincarnation and the pr!ck comes back as a dog in South Korea in his next life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

When Varadkar was Transport Minister he did bring up the need for laws in relation to restraining pets in cars/road transit so it may be worth a letter or email to the current Transport Minister just to remind them that the issue has not been resolved - from what you describe it sounds like not only was the dog at risk of injury but there could easily have been a major pile-up and/or loss of human life because of this fool as well! http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/transport-minister-leo-varadkar-takes-lead-in-bid-to-make-dogs-belt-up-in-car-29170440.html

Advertisement