Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tr3x6g1600c9 Compatible Ram?

Options
  • 18-04-2015 5:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭

I have 3 sticks of
    tr3x6g1600c9 CORSAIR 1.65V 1600MHz 2048MB
    in my pc.

Want to upgrade this- another 6G would probably do.
    For an all purpose pc - inc occasional games.

Its a triple channel motherboard: Giga-Byte GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev1)

Would anyone know what ram would be compatible with whats there already? And recommend a site?
    Hoping to spend about 50 to 60 euros...

Thanks.

“Roll it back”

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If it's just for general use and games then you don't even really need a ram upgrade, even if you wanted to, 8GB in total would be more than enough.

That's a pretty old motherboard so your processor would be what's holding you back, and quite possibly your video card as well depending on what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Thanks but i run a lot of visual studios in parallel - even Games eg. titanfall is struggling and randomly exits with out of memory errors- thats with nothing running and almost all services off.

Happy enough with win7 64 bit, decent video card, i7 processor and my samsung pro ssd drive- but ram is holding me back and im finding this same stuff hard to locate.

So what exactly could i put in with this 9-9-9-24 ram would anyone know? Has be three more sticks as its triple channel ddr3 and needs go in 3 together as far i know. Thanks.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i always use the crucial memory scan

http://eu.crucial.com/eur/en

its handy for finding which ram to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Tried it just before i started the thread.
    Didnt work for me. Correctly identified i had 6 slots but then
    advised a single 4mb module which had different to mine (mine: 9-9-9-24 theirs:8-8-8-24) and a different voltage to mine.
    Seemed wrong to me to be mixing - both with the timing mismatch and it being just one stick...

So many variables...

It recommended this:
    345799.png

“Roll it back”

Advertisement