Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink Driving..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Mod:

For clarification, I think that certain posters were being sarcastic. Self calculated blood alcohol readings, insulting the judge and making assurances of acquittals in drink driving cases are amusing but cannot be taken seriously.

As always, the advice is to get a solicitor.

Lastly, criticism of the OP is off topic, tedious, does not add to legal discussion and will be acted upon from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 scottkirwan

Wonder will he be honest enough to tell us what happens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

While I'd be quite for you to simply 'take your medicine' there are, on occasion, technical defences to Drink Driving available. I suggest you have a solicitor look at the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

ElleEm wrote: »
    I think the poster was taking the p!ss.

So did the guards..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

Tuff sheet. Get used to the bus. If you didnt get caught you would probably do it again and hit somebody. Hope they never give you the liscence back.

MOD:
    This type of dig at the OP is off topic. There was an on-thread warning about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

ezra_pound wrote: »
    It is an offence to drive without your license on you. It is unlikely that the guards will be so kind as to drop this charge when the op was clearly steaming drunk.

True that, but having no license is a separate offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Purely anecdotal, but based on my experimentation with drinking and home breathalysers:

You drank 22 units starting at 7pm, which means ten hours later when tested you would have roughly 12 units still in your system, or 6 pints.

So you're probably looking at a BAC of between 0.16 and 0.2.

Which means in court you're looking at a 3-6 year ban and a four-figure fine. You should count yourself lucky if you don't get a suspended sentence, but if you have any history with the law, you will get a suspended or even custodial sentence.

Advertisement