Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry (HL)

• 18-04-2015 8:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭

Heya.

I think I'm really bad at Chemistry but I don't want to fail it. Before, I was considering to drop down because my grades does not reflect the work I put in it. I never failed it, but the highest I got was C3.

I don't know why but it is so hard for me to remember things about Chemistry. And it is just depressing because in Biology, I study it once, I remember something, it gets stronger and better. But in Chemistry, I can hardly answer exam questions without looking at any notes.

I am really frustrated and we have another mock in 9 days. Anyone mind to give me tips when it comes to studying experiments in Chemistry?

Please help me. I am willing to sacrifice sleep just to get myself a B3 on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Noire

I'd say your best bet is to focus on the experiments and learn off the marking schemes when you're studying as they're very precise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Would you not get some grinds?
    Chemistry questions can be incredibly predictable.
    Maybe you can't learn the information because you don't understand it fully.
    Look at your Volumetric Analysis notes for example, study them, make sure you can do the calculations and then do out plenty of exam paper questions. Then double check the marking scheme. This is vital as the marking schemes can be very sticky.

Advertisement