Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Habitual Wakening

Options
  • 18-04-2015 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I'm hoping someone here might be able to help. We have an 11 month old who wakes everynight at 10.27-you could set your watch by her. She has a good bedtime routine and is usually happy to go to her cot. She then wakes numerous times during the night and I feel that if we could sort this waking out it might stop the others.

We leave her for a few mins to see if she settles but it just turns into full scale melt down. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I think a lot of babies do this. Mine sure did/do anyway. They do a sleep cycle, and then wake up... Happens during developmental leaps a lot for us.

What works for us is reassurance and catching it quickly. So, if she wakes and is grumbling I go in (without turning lights on) and rub her tummy or give a cuddle, say shhhhh quietly, and maybe rearrange her a bit if she is stuck up in one end of the cot. She usually goes back to sleep quickly... A few days of that and she gets back into sleeping through.

A few times there has been something up, so if she doesn't settle I check nappy, too warm/cold, offer her a small drink from a sippy cup.

Advertisement