Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    Really? I talked myself down from -8 last week and would have been much better off if I'd done it. Last season around this time I did a spectacular -12 which massively improved my finish. So I'm feeling pretty hitty myself!
    I'm not far from a -8 too :p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Fellaini. Against his old club this weekend, then WBA at home and Palace away.

Ok, I need to go to bed don't i.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Really? I talked myself down from -8 last week and would have been much better off if I'd done it. Last season around this time I did a spectacular -12 which massively improved my finish. So I'm feeling pretty hitty myself!

Already on a -4 and will do Clyne to Skrtel and Eriksen/Silva to Sterling later in the week. I had some deadwood so this DGW has come at a good time. It helps that Leicester players are so cheap and Liverpool have a plum fixture right after and are easily switched to Arsenal mids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Hmmm, to play a ****e Albrighton with two games or Sanchez against Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

This week is going to be a headache. Aside from the DGW there are doubts over Dawson, Alder, Silva, and Remy due to injury and another over Bellerin from a general game time point of view. I think I'm going to switch off until Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Invincible wrote: »
    Do you think you'll get 90 mins in both games?! :D

Once I get past the 60 for the extra points then I'll be happy.Now where did I leave my boots?:p

This week is going to be a headache. Aside from the DGW there are doubts over Dawson, Alder, Silva, and Remy due to injury and another over Bellerin from a general game time point of view. I think I'm going to switch off until Thursday.
    Admittedly but this DGW is a golden opportunity to ditch such "deadweight" and minimise the negative effects of potential points hits.
    • Dawson could be transferred out. WB have an awful run-in. Any safe Chelsea/Liverpool/Leicester def should do.
    • If Silva really does miss their coming game he could be replaced by a Chelsea/Liverpool mid. Could be brought back for GW36 when Liverpool will travel to Stamford Bridge while City will host QPR at the Etihad ;).
    • Costa should be back in training this week and could be available for Arsenal. We don't know how fit Rémy is and Drogba is also available. Hopefully we'll have news on his fitness before the deadline so you can decide whether he's worth keeping or not.
    • Alder dislocated his shoulder but "early signs are positive" said Koeman.
    • And Mertesacker sustained an ankle injury in their FA Cup semi which doesn't look good said Wenger. So that may help Bellerin chances to feature.

So up to you to build the best short-term plan possible for your transfers but these injuries and the 2 DGWs we're being offered are a great opportunity to make up ground (I know the opposite is also true but let's stay positive :p).

All quotes from Ben Dinnery's twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Will Moreno get 90 minutes in both of his games? Can afford Skrtel but he would leave me with 0.0 ITB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Have the money to get Courtois in for Fabianski for the DGW. Only thing I'm worried about is Cech getting a few games towards the end of the season when the league is sewn up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

mectavba wrote: »
    Have the money to get Courtois in for Fabianski for the DGW. Only thing I'm worried about is Cech getting a few games towards the end of the season when the league is sewn up!

a distinct possibility
    last home game would be my guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Toying with:

Kosc --> Skrtel
    Silva or Alexis --> Sterling
    Mane -->Coutinho

For -4.

Gives me Terry, Skrtel, Schlupp, Sterling, Cout, Hazard and Remy with a dgw.

I would be more than happy if bloody Remy wasn't messing things up. Would Remy to someone for further -4 be worth it? Doubtful. Overall thoughts? ID 1697

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Toying with:

Kosc --> Skrtel
    Mane -->Coutinho

For -4.

I would be more than happy if bloody Remy wasn't messing things up. Would Remy to someone for further -4 be worth it? Doubtful. Overall thoughts? ID 1697

I wouldn't be a fan of taking out 2 arsenal players as you will want them back in from next gw.

I wouldn't be a fan of taking out 2 arsenal players as you will want them back in from next gw.

Yeah true. Alexis isn't justifying his price tag though. Might lose Silva. There's a long time until their DGW so I'm sure I'll manage

Yeah true. Alexis isn't justifying his price tag though. Might lose Silva. There's a long time until their DGW so I'm sure I'll manage

He isnt justifying his price but Id still want him in my team as he is the most likely arsenal midfielder to score IMO and I dont think money is all to important at this stage. Ive the same issue this week in that I have to lose sanchez or silva Im veering towards silva as although he should score higher this week I want to save myself the hassle of geting sanchez back. There is only 3 f.ts between gw 34 and 37 and chances are other issues will arise rather than just getting arsenal players in so its probably saving yourself a hit in the long run.
    I prefer taking a more long term look at things but this can backfire and there is definetly an argument on focusing week by week at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Jakup will see 0 games unless Harper and McGregor get injured ;)

I'm taking the chance

I'm going to be very tight on money for Alexis on my current plan, but I'll just go for Ozil if price changes force me out. Alexis will be highly captained so it would definitely be risky to go without.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

looking for advice on my wildcard team please.

DeGea myhill
    Terry skrtel huth Bertrand wollshcied
    Sterling Henderson hazard fabregas bentaleb
    Aguero Austin Kane

With 2.8 itb, 7 dgw players and the idea is the following game week to transfer out either sterling or fab for Sanchez. Honestly don't m tempted to leave fab out my team and just stick Sanchez in and just have 6 dgw players. Any advice thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Looking like

Ming
    Azpil moreno schulp
    Oscar hendo hazard (c) fellani
    Kane Rooney aguero

Hazard is captain at the min. May not stay that way.. Might bring in vardy also

DeGea myhill
    Aguero Austin Kane

With 2.8 itb, 7 dgw players and the idea is the following game week to transfer out either sterling or fab for Sanchez. Honestly don't m tempted to leave fab out my team and just stick Sanchez in and just have 6 dgw players. Any advice thanks!

De Gea an unnecessary expense. Maybe Davis Panti or even Howard. Panti has dgw 37. I'd get a Leicester mid for Bentaleb. Albrighton has played 90 the last two gws and looked dangerous. 2.8 itb maybe swap Austin to Benteke Murray Vardy if possible

• Advertisement

Toying with:

Kosc --> Skrtel
    Mane -->Coutinho

For -4.

@ Stephen15. In your case I'd definitely sell Silva and keep Sanchez.

GW36 with Liverpool away to Chelsea and Arsenal home to Swansea and City home to QPR sounds perfect to get Arsenal players and/or Silva back.

About Remy you can't do anything else than waiting for hopefully clear info about his fitness before the deadline and then make your decision accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I've no Liverpool players and this is what I can afford to do: Moreno + Henderson/Sterling or Henderson + Sterling?

What would you do?

I've no Liverpool players and this is what I can afford to do: Moreno + Henderson/Sterling or Henderson + Sterling?

What would you do?

Moreno + Sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Who do people think are the strongest DGW candidates from Liverpool & Chelsea

I'm concerned Moreno won't play 180 minutes so was leaning towards Mignolet. Then Sterling & Henderson as my other 2 pool players.

Sturridge I assume isn't on anyone's radar? Coutinho maybe?

For Chelsea I was thinking Hazard, Fabregas and Terry. Don't know if Costa will be fit and don't want to tie up funds in two Chelsea defenders for future transfer plans

For Leicester I think Schlupp, Cambiasso (based on advise on here) and Vardy are the way to go

Open to any better suggestions!

Obviously, I'm wildcarding to do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I have two FTs and my wildcard.

What's I'm thinking of doing is using the two FTs to bring myself to 8 DGW players (3 x Chelsea, 3 x Liverpool, 2 x Leicester) and then using my wildcard to fix things up for the run in.

Would anyone like to talk me out of that?

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Chelsea: 1. Hazard 2. Ivan 3. Fab
    Liverpool: 1. Sterling 2. Cout 3. Skrtel
    Leicester: 1. Vardy 2. Albrighton 3. Schlupp - Schlupp will prob be most popular of 3

Top 3 IMO :p

• Advertisement

John83 wrote: »

What's I'm thinking of doing is using the two FTs to bring myself to 8 DGW players (3 x Chelsea, 3 x Liverpool, 2 x Leicester) and then using my wildcard to fix things up for the run in.

Sounds good to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Hi Folks,

I'm undecided (again) this week. I see Hull also have a DGW this week. My defenders are Alex Bruce (DGW) Clyne, Bertrand, Janmaat and Azpilicueta (DGW).

I also have mid- Hazard, Mata, Silva, Ozil, Fabregas,
    Forwards- Vardy, Giroud, Kane.

Was initially going to Ozil -> Sterling/ Coutinho. Might to Silva-> Sterling/Coutinho instead on account of Silvas potential injury.

Do people think Sterling will get 180 mins? Also would he be playing in a striker type role?

Also would it be worth sacrificing Janmaat/ Clyne in the hope Bruce plays 180mins? Was initially going to bench Bruce until I saw he has DWG.

Edit: Also meant to say I have one FT and 0.5 banked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Leicester: 1. Vardy 2. Albrighton 3. Schlupp - Schlupp will prob be most popular of 3

Agree with rest, but swap Albrighton for Cambiasso.

Agree with rest, but swap Albrighton for Cambiasso.

Think Albrighton offers more attacking threat if he can nail down the spot, should be ok for dgw. Cambi only really offers set pieces for 0.5 more

DeGea myhill
    Aguero Austin Kane

De Gea to Scmeichel for DGW.
    Austin to Vardy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is albrighton playing regularly ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Re: Remy, it's a frustrating situation, but I'm going to keep him, and then next week switch to Giroud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Really starting to question what to do in relation to this DGW. Have 3 Chelsea players at the minute and 1 free transfer. Thinking of taking a -4 for two Liverpool players (Skrtel and one of Sterling/Henderson/Coutinho for Dawson and Silva/Eriksen). Will then hold on to these players for the following week when Liverpool play QPR at home, before using my double transfer to probably downgrade Skrtel to a 4m mid and using the excess cash to bring in Sanchez. I also want Giroud in my team ASAP after this week so I really don't know what to do :pac: I don't want to over commit on this DGW but under committing could cost me big time.

I'd love to just make a transfer now and be done with it but going to hold off until new about Silva comes through so that I can determine whether Eriksen gets the boot or gets yet another reprieve from my team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Cheers for the feedback

Future transfers mean I can't afford Ivan over Terry despite knowing he is a better bet

Form wise Coutinho is way down on Henderson. Mignolet is a cheaper way into the defence for me (cue Skrtel to score a hat trick!)

I would agree with Leicester if Albrighton is a nailed on starter. Has been getting his game lately alright

Decisions, decisions!
    John83 wrote: »

Fantastic position to be in! I need to play the wildcard to bring in the DGW players but would definitely do what you are doing if I were in that position

Re: Remy, it's a frustrating situation, but I'm going to keep him, and then next week switch to Giroud.

Murphy's law, if you get out of Remy, he will play and assist/score more than his replacement, seen it happen before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Murphy's law, if you get out of Remy, he will play and assist/score more than his replacement, seen it happen before!

I'll let you take one for the team and transfer him out then! ;)

I hugely tempted roll the dice and go -8 and load up with 8 dgwers.

Related question....who would you play next week. Bolasie home to Hull or Kane away to (13 clean sheets at home) Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Related question....who would you play next week. Bolasie home to Hull or Kane away to (13 clean sheets at home) Southampton.

Bolaise all day long for me, that Hull game could be a goal fest.

Pfft, -8s are child's play. Bolasie all day, I'll be interested to see how many bench Kane this GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

bolasie
    I'm benching kane
    possibly selling for vardy but that would mean benching mata so I'm undecided on that one ......not sure vardy will outscore mata by 4 to be honest

• Advertisement

We'll good to know I'm not nuts looking at benching Kane. Sometimes lost far inside my FPL brain it's hard to tell the crazy from the genius!

Now, what about benching Bertrand for a Leicester defender? Probably not worth a hit I suppose... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Wildcard played, 9 Double gw'ers. Had 4 injuries and a game time doubt over another so it really was the perfect time to play a wildcard. A monster gameweek like the last one could see many wildcarders jump well up the table.

zarquon wrote: »
    Wildcard played, 9 Double gw'ers. Had 4 injuries and a game time doubt over another so it really was the perfect time to play a wildcard. A monster gameweek like the last one could see many wildcarders jump well up the table.

What 2 are your single gw players aguero and Kane.

What 2 are your single gw players aguero and Kane.

Yes, it's too risky not to play either. Both are capable of double digit scores on their day.

Some sunderland and arsenal coverage too on the bench for GW 37. Should be setup nicely for the run in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

With Sakho out will Lovren play? Can't afford Moreno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

I have two free transfers, but I am planning on using my wildcard before Saturday. I presume, if I use my wildcard, my two free transfers will not carry to the next gameweek?

Irish94 wrote: »
    I have two free transfers, but I am planning on using my wildcard before Saturday. I presume, if I use my wildcard, my two free transfers will not carry to the next gameweek?

Correct

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/590265960457605120

David Nugent is a major doubt to be fit to face his former club Burnley after picking up a calf injury during the warm-up on Saturday #LCFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

David Nugent is a major doubt to be fit to face his former club Burnley after picking up a calf injury during the warm-up on Saturday #LCFC

Garrdammit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

What a disaster Nugent has been. I think I'll bring in Austin now, my plan is to have a front 3 of Benteke Austin Giroud for the last few weeks.

Advertisement