Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

1.6m in the bank & 1ft, any suggestions would be appreciated. not sure who to get of the Liverpool midfielders and who to get them in for :P

011c889d24e5890ff565242d8c6a5623.png

Hendo or Sterling in for Eriksen seems like the more straightforward one

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Transfers done (-8):

Guzan »» Mignolet
    Rose »» Schlupp
    Eriksen »» Sterling

Current XI:

Mignolet

Terry | Schlupp | Alderwield

Hazard | Fabregas | Sterling | Silva

Aguero | Benteke | Kane

bench: Myhill | PVA | Bellerin | Siggy

My only question atm is playing Alder vs hurrikane or PVA away to stoke...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I can afford Ivan over Terry, just the 7.6 in the bank with that team :pac: So I might well do it. I was considering the ownership and if Terry were to score better I'd rise further. In an ideal world obviously. Cahill would be the way to go but Mourinho will probably drop him for Leicester if I get him!

Diame is one of those standard left-field Mr.P players that will end in tears but I just can't help it on the off chance it's the best transfer ever :D

Be careful of Diames knees! Bruce has said he's not 100% after some swelling during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

7 DGW's for this week

(-8) taken

Let's rock and roll! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

Keeping in mind his not so great run of form and the saints mean defense at home is there anyone seriously thinking of benching Kane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Yep, just waiting on Silva news first

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

LostArt wrote: »

Im thinking Kane or Cazorla, im not sure who to go with....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

jimmii wrote: »
    Be careful of Diames knees! Bruce has said he's not 100% after some swelling during the week.

Cheers on the heads up. Diame would be all based on him being fit to actually play. I was waiting for Bruce's presser.

Articles and stuff during the week suggested he was ready to push on from 2 sub appearances but he's only useful if he plays.

Cheers on the heads up. Diame would be all based on him being fit to actually play. I was waiting for Bruce's presser.

Articles and stuff during the week suggested he was ready to push on from 2 sub appearances but he's only useful if he plays.

Its hard to tell from what Bruce said really his leg is swollen but expects him to travel tomorrow. That wouldn't give me much confidence in him starting.

jimmii wrote: »
    Its hard to tell from what Bruce said really his leg is swollen but expects him to travel tomorrow. That wouldn't give me much confidence in him starting.

Certainly doesn't sound like he'll be able for 2 games in the week anyway :(

Back to the drawing board for another secret weapon I suppose. Might look into Abel Hernandez or N'Doye :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Rikand wrote: »
    7 DGW's for this week

(-8) taken

Let's rock and roll! :D

Have 7 as well. That's if Remy plays a part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

So strange having so many dgw players but no forwards of much interest- vardy it is so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

LostArt wrote: »

Was he not confirmed OK during the week already ?

Was he not confirmed OK during the week already ?

Was back in training on Tuesday but was set to be monitored. Doubt they would risk him training if there was any chance it could do any damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

It would make a tough decision a lot easier if Silva was out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Myhill
    Wolly Bertrand Ivan
    Hazard Silva Sterling Mata
    Aguero Kane Remy
    Foster, PvA, Cork, Baird.
    3.1 mil banked.

Eriksen to Sterling already done. Might just leave it at that. Anyone see a transfer that stands out for -4? I want to keep decent cash banked to get Sanchez back in for a mid and Remy upgraded to Giroud over the next few weeks.

Also, does anyone have clean sheet odds? I'm unsure what two of Bertrand, Wolly and PvA I should play.

P.Walnuts wrote: »

My thinking exactly. Kane and Silva have both punished me different times this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

I'm getting extremely nervous about this gameweek now.

I have 10 DGWs as a result of my wildcard but I'm bricking it that Kane will screw me over.

I would happily change to 9 DGWs to fit Kane back into my starting 11 but the problem is that I am playing 3-5-2 and the only player I want shot of is my Hull defender (only in there cause he is 3.9) but I can't unfortunately play 2-5-3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Would you bring in Sterling for Eriksen for -4 and bench Silva?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Just listening to Jose, Costa is just there, if he doesn't make the arsenal game he'll make the leicester one.

Bye bye Remy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

12 point hit completed. Don't think I've ever gone above a 4 point hit before :D

I'm guessing there's no chance that Balotelli might actually start both/either of the games this DGW?

Um...just asking for a....um...friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭InishGael

Wild carding and it's causing me headaches. Think I've narrowed it down to this last decision - A or B.

A - Mig, Kos, Fab & Albrighton
    B - Davies, Moreno, Coutinho & Cambiasso

P.Walnuts wrote: »

Yellow flag removed on fpl while I was making changes. He's not going anywhere and could be a big differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Would I be right in benching Giroud and keeping Kane and Silva in my team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Would I be right in benching Giroud and keeping Kane and Silva in my team?

I'm playing all three of them, but if I had to bench one it would be Giroud. The possible downside is less from benching him than either of the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Just listening to Jose, Costa is just there, if he doesn't make the arsenal game he'll make the leicester one.

Bye bye Remy.

For who though?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

1 point behind in my main league and I'm pretty sure my main rival will take a -4 this week, before this GW he only had 2 DGW players.

I've gone all out with 7 DGW players. -8 with a view to take a lead.

Mignolet

Terry - Bruce - Clyne

Sterling - Hazard - Cambiasso - Henderson - Silva

Kane - Aguero

Bench

Murray, PVA and Dawson.

Every bone in my body wants to start Murray ahead of Kane, City are the only team to score 3 goals there this season and few have managed to score twice.

For who though?

My thoughts exactly. I could take him out for a hit but I don't know who I'd replace him with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Advertisement

That guy seems very proud of his team he's posted it to a few different people! Wasn't too pushed on getting a 10th personally seems like getting one extra just for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Arbitrary wrote: »
    1 point behind in my main league and I'm pretty sure my main rival will take a -4 this week, before this GW he only had 2 DGW players.

I've gone all out with 7 DGW players. -8 with a view to take a lead.

Mignolet

Terry - Bruce - Clyne

Sterling - Hazard - Cambiasso - Henderson - Silva

Kane - Aguero

Bench

Murray, PVA and Dawson.

Every bone in my body wants to start Murray ahead of Kane, City are the only team to score 3 goals there this season and few have managed to score twice.

so start him ?
    you signed Murray with a view to his 2 home games surely
    Kane is away to one of the meanest defences AND 11 of their 15 clean sheets are at home !
    I've to choose between Mata and Kane and I'm currently on mata
    your choice is a lot more straight forward

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Currently have 5 DGWers and only have 2 Chelsea. Im going to get rid of Naughton for either Huth, Schlupp or Cahill.

Im leaning towards Huth but not sure why!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

km79 wrote: »
    so start him ?
    you signed Murray with a view to his 2 home games surely
    Kane is away to one of the meanest defences AND 11 of their 15 clean sheets are at home !
    I've to choose between Mata and Kane and I'm currently on mata
    your choice is a lot more straight forward

Yup you're right, I've put him in. It's all the talk of not having Kane in that worries me, but I've offset those concerns knowing I'm likely to have at least 3 extra DGW players. Bruce barely counts in fairness, I'd be happy with 4 points from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Remy thanks for giving me a headwrecking Friday evening

Is Remy to Giroud worth a hit now?

Don't see who else I'd bring in. Vardy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Is it madness to undo last week's transfer and sell Fabregas to enable me to get Ivan/Terry? Have a feeling I made the wrong call on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Sturridge situation pretty much ties my hands I think. I don't think it's worth taking him out for another -4 and then going up to -12 to get a Liverpool mid or def in, who I'd probably be wanting rid of again after next week. Looking ahead at wanting to get Benteke, Giroud and Sanchez and possibly Rambo in for the run in I think I may as well stick with this....

Migs,
    Terry, Bertrand, Wolly. (PVA, Naughton)
    Haz, Fab, Bolasie, Sterling,Albrighton
    Aguero, Kane (Studge)

3.5 in bank

'Only' 6 DGW players in the end, anybody see anything worth another -4 that won't be needing undone next week.

I could do Naughton to Huth or Schlupp but I may want that slot for an Arsenal def, they have decent CS potential.

Effectively any move for another -4 involves benching potentially decent scoring player in Bertie, Bolasie or Kane so unlikley to justify itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Arbitrary wrote: »
    Yup you're right, I've put him in. It's all the talk of not having Kane in that worries me, but I've offset those concerns knowing I'm likely to have at least 3 extra DGW players. Bruce barely counts in fairness, I'd be happy with 4 points from him.

the danger is less this week as nobody will have him captained .....I'm selling him on for giroud within 2 weeks too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Looking for a bit of advice here lads....so I have Dawson (WBA) and im shipping him out for either Skrtle or Azpilicueta. I already have Ivanovich. Would you go with Azi or Skrtel?

Im a bit worried Felipe Luis might get some gametime on the run in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Is it madness to undo last week's transfer and sell Fabregas to enable me to get Ivan/Terry? Have a feeling I made the wrong call on this one.

absolute madness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

joe123 wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of advice here lads....so I have Dawson (WBA) and im shipping him out for either Skrtle or Azpilicueta. I already have Ivanovich. Would you go with Azi or Skrtel?

Skrtel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

joe123 wrote: »

Skrtel.

Doubling up is potentially risky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Probably madness, especially if you're taking a hit. Could you afford Azpi instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Looking like:

Out:
    Myhill
    Rose
    Eriksen

In:
    Courtois
    Moreno
    Henderson

Having a headache in who to start 2 out of these 3.

Kane, Sanchez or Giroud

Realistically Giroud dropping as don't like having a near 11 mill player on the bench and Kane would cover an extra game and Spurs might steal a goal.

Have .8 in the bank if I do those transfers.
    Already have Terry, Hazard (C), Schlupp and Cambiasso as Doubles.

Any other suggestions?
    Transfers or Line upconfused.png

Before transfers team sits at;

GK: Krul/Myhill

DF: Terry, Schlupp, Toby, Bellerin, Rose,

MF: Sanchez, Hazard, Silva, Cambiasso, Eriksen

FW: Aguero, Kane, Giroud

Bye bye Remy.

He may make the Arsenal game but that doesn't mean he'll start it. I'm leaving Remy in. Nothing to lose at this stage tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

You did make the wrong decision in my opinion, however now that you've made your bed it's probably best to lie in it, it's not beyond the bounds of possibilities that Fabregas will notch up another jammy assist from a pedestrian pass or safe corner, he might even pop up with a last minute winner when he's been a passenger all game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Benching Kane and starting Albrighton.

What could go wrong??? Least he plays early so I will know my fate early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

If I still had Remy I'd sell. Unlikely to start v Arsenal and may get no gametime vs Leicester.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

I need to decide on one of these three players to start:

Wasilewski (LEI) - two games, 75% injury doubt, not a guaranteed starter either way
    Alderweireld (SOT) - one game at home to Spurs, 75% injury doubt
    Koscielny (ARS) - one game at home to Chelsea

Other two starting defenders are Terry and Skrtel.

Thoughts appreciated.

Advertisement