Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

shano_88 wrote: »
    If I still had Remy I'd sell. Unlikely to start v Arsenal and may get no gametime vs Leicester.

My problem with Remy and why I think i'll end up taking him out is that he is using up one of my valuable chelsea slots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

Thinkin Oscar over fab for dgw as I reckon everyone in my league will opt for fab. Thoughts lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

My problem with Remy and why I think i'll end up taking him out is that he is using up one of my valuable chelsea slots

If I take him out I'll only have 2 Chelsea players for this GW. I'd need a - 8 hit to take him out and replace him with another Chelsea player unless I went for Drogba. Not good:-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Vardy injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Thinkin Oscar over fab for dgw as I reckon everyone in my league will opt for fab. Thoughts lads

I don't think Oscar will start against Arsenal.
    Fabregas at 10 with Matic and Zouma/Ramires behind is more likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'm thinking of benching my whole team and taking a massive -24 for this Pablo Dubblegaymeweeik fella. He sounds awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Vardy injured?

Where's this coming From?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm confused, some geezer on a forum with more trolls than posters has a friend who is jagging Jamie Vardy, he was in Dubai 5 days ago and now his missus is feeding information which is not public to said internet guy???

so is it a gag or what:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'm confused, some geezer on a forum with more trolls than posters has a friend who is jagging Jamie Vardy, he was in Dubai 5 days ago and now his missus is feeding information which is not public to said internet guy???

If he's trolling it's a very impressive 11 month job. Apparently Vardy's missus says he's "touch and go" for tomorrow. I already have him in my team and am on a -12 so won't be doing anything besides hoping it's not true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Ben Dinnery ‏@BenDinnery 40m40 minutes ago
    @FPL_Fly Unless we're talking about a training ground incident today then I'd suggest #Vardy injury [rumour] is just that ...

The Din says probably just rumour.

If he's trolling it's a very impressive 11 month job. Apparently Vardy's missus says he's "touch and go" for tomorrow. I already have him in my team and am on a -12 so won't be doing anything besides hoping it's not true.

Would be epic if that was the case! Leicester are up lets pick one of their players at random and pretend I have a close connection so that if they have a DGW I can unleash a super troll and send people mad.

Ah, I read that as 5 days ago instead of 11 months 5 days.
    I don't have him and had no intentions of getting him so let me just say that I believe our Huttondressedaslahm friend wholeheartedly and I suggest panic and more hits as being the only remedy to this situation for his owners.:p

Did anybody hear the one about Sterling:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Tempted to take a gamble on Costa :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

I've come down to these 2 options, which one is the best?
    1. Azpi & Sterling
    2. Ivan & Hendo
    Rose & Eriksen making way.

If I take him out I'll only have 2 Chelsea players for this GW. I'd need a - 8 hit to take him out and replace him with another Chelsea player unless I went for Drogba. Not good:-(

That's my exact problem if he comes out its a minus 8 for 7 dgw players if he stays in its no hits and 5 dgw players.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Another name I'm adding to a list I should be whittling down instead of lengthening is Sone Aluko. Could be playing up front, started the last game and the Hull Daily Mail seem impressed: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-City-Sone-Aluko-intelligent-option-Tigers/story-26321766-detail/story.html

4.4 mid that could play up front. Hello :)

Smart Hull money is probably N'Doye now if there's even an iota of respectability to those Vardy rumours though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Front 8 of sterling, haz, fab, Silva, king
    Rooney, Kane, and Augero

Please someone tell me I'm crazy for contemplating putting Kane on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

-12 point hit taken. Leaves my with 9 dgw players. 3 Chelsea, 3 Liverpool, 3 Leicester along with Austin and Murray who have nice fixtures this week.

Another name I'm adding to a list I should be whittling down instead of lengthening is Sone Aluko. Could be playing up front, started the last game and the Hull Daily Mail seem impressed: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-City-Sone-Aluko-intelligent-option-Tigers/story-26321766-detail/story.html

4.4 mid that could play up front. Hello :)

Smart Hull money is probably N'Doye now if there's even an iota of respectability to those Vardy rumours though.

I'm thinking of getting ndoye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Still mulling over a further -4 to bring on skertl fof Bertrand and double him up with mignolet ..........

I'm thinking of getting ndoye

I think I've settled on him too. As of now I may only go for -12 which actually seems pretty boring and safe. I'm keeping Silva now which is probably reining in the crazy hit figures I was looking at earlier in the week.

Although the current thought that seems brilliant (in my head) is Kramaric in for Kane to boost it back to -16 :o

Logic being he looked good on MOTD a few weeks back and he was linked with Chelsea before going to Leicester so might put on a performance ahead of a potential summer move. Fool proof obviously :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Tempted by Colback to Hendo for double game week.
    Also Silva to Chelsea midfielder Oscar or Cesc.
    Leading towards Vardy over N'Doye

Who do I bench?

Kane or Austin?

Mids are Fab, Cammbiasso, Hazard, Henderson, Sterling.

Vardy up front

Right I've gone as far as -12 for now.

Alderweireld -> Skrtel
    Coleman -> Ivanovic
    Ameobi -> Henderbus
    Pelle -> N'Doye

I could push ahead with an extra spicy -16 but may need more time to mull that over. Some thoughts are:

Kane -> Kramaric
    Myhill -> Mig/Schmeichel
    Phillips -> Cheap mid + bench Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Why Kramaric over Ulloa, Mr. P? Ulloa gets more gametime and is on pens after Nugent

Why Kramaric over Ulloa, Mr. P? Ulloa gets more gametime and is on pens after Nugent

Basically what I said here
    Logic being he looked good on MOTD a few weeks back and he was linked with Chelsea before going to Leicester so might put on a performance ahead of a potential summer move. Fool proof obviously :)

But it's just one of those gut feelings. He looks like a guy who can score goals, maybe more explosively return for the 1/2 week gamble he most likely would be in my team. Once again gametime is a concern that will probably keep me away.

I had Mahrez penned in for this week since the second I knew there was a DGW but Pearson has other ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

Who to play Kane, Silva or McShane?

Who to play Kane, Silva or McShane?

silva

I had very high hopes for Kramaric after seeing him on MOTD a few times a couple of months ago, don't know what Pearson sees as a problem but if Nugent was fully ready for either game it's likely that he'll be warming the bench for most of the time, it'd be a risk too far in my opinion.
    I'm hanging tough with Nugent and hoping for the best, don't see any value in an extra -4.
    My transfers will be a fairly boring -4 to bring in Sterling and Henderson for Siggy and Mane, it'll leave me with a fairly paltry 6 dgw's including Nugent, hoping for no clean sheets for Liverpool or Leicester, really don't want to risk making changes that I'll quicklywant to reverse. I've been baiting ye with my Fabregas talk but nobody has bitten, need him to stay under 7 or 8 points for the week.

Don't be telling me about a 4.4m oop mid you'll get me thinking and its never a good idea when I start thinking.

Nervous about Vardy now

Nervous about Vardy now

it was bs of the highest order
    his "sources " told him an hour later that he was ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Bench Kane away to Southampton or Bolasie at home to Hull?

Normally this would be a no brainer, but Southampton have an excellent defensive record at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

km79 wrote: »
    Still mulling over a further -4 to bring on skertl fof Bertrand and double him up with mignolet ..........

Mulling a -4 for Skrtel myself, he would be coming in for Bellerin.
    Leaning against it at the moment.

Next 2 GWs:
    Skrtel: (-4), WBA (A), Hull (A), QPR (H)
    Wollscheid: Sun (H GW35) and PVA: Sou (H GW36)

If I don't bring in Skrtel I would be starting Wollscheid and PVA in the games above - plus not bringing in Skrtel would leave me the cash for a Kane to Benteke move next week.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Mulling a -4 for Skrtel myself, he would be coming in for Bellerin.
    Leaning against it at the moment.

Next 2 GWs:
    Skrtel: (-4), WBA (A), Hull (A), QPR (H)
    Wollscheid: Sun (H GW35) and PVA: Sou (H GW36)

If I don't bring in Skrtel I would be starting Wollscheid and PVA in the games above - plus not bringing in Skrtel would leave me the cash for a Kane to Benteke move next week.
    dont think I'm doing it either
    I'll just play Bertie
    sure he might pop up with a goal !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Did a -8 for seven DGWers. Go hard or go home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I was all set to do Remy to Giroud next week, but now I'm thinking of doing it this week. Doesn't look like Remy will see much time in the DGW, so trying to weigh up dumping him. I'm not convinced by the Leicester (or Hull for that matter) striker options, and if I did go for one i'd be moving him on next week for Giroud anyway.

Only issue is it's effectively for -4, as I've others I want to bring in. So the question is will Giroud outscore Remy, (or Boyd, who would play in his place if he doesn't make an appearance), by 4? Maybe not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

Reckon mahrez will get more points than giroud wit leicester dgw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Play Albrighton or Kane?

Buy Mig or Schmeichel?

I was all set to do Remy to Giroud next week, but now I'm thinking of doing it this week. Doesn't look like Remy will see much time in the DGW, so trying to weigh up dumping him. I'm not convinced by the Leicester (or Hull for that matter) striker options, and if I did go for one i'd be moving him on next week for Giroud anyway.

Only issue is it's effectively for -4, as I've others I want to bring in. So the question is will Giroud outscore Remy, (or Boyd, who would play in his place if he doesn't make an appearance), by 4? Maybe not.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Was going to do Remy to Giroud next week but tempted to do it this week or maybe go for a Hull or Leicester striker? If I don't Boyd will come in who has a decent fixture. Headwrecking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

In my 4 years of fantasy football I've never done more than a -4, tempted to break that trend tonight :eek:. Remy is a real pain for me right now, he'd be the one I'd sacrifice for the -8, alternatively I could just start him and hope he plays a part in one of the two games or have puncheon come in instead.

In my 4 years of fantasy football I've never done more than a -4, tempted to break that trend tonight :eek:. Remy is a real pain for me right now, he'd be the one I'd sacrifice for the -8, alternatively I could just start him and hope he plays a part in one of the two games or have puncheon come in instead.

I'd just play puncheon so or take the hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Did a -8 for seven DGWers. Go hard or go home!

I've thought about it all week, and just did my transfers without any more thought, and sort of messed up my team, but now i have 9 DGW :)

N'Doye or Hernandez worth a gamble? Would be taking out Remy. Don't fancy any Leicester forwards. So one of those or Giroud?

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Was going to do Remy to Giroud next week but tempted to do it this week or maybe go for a Hull or Leicester striker? If I don't Boyd will come in who has a decent fixture. Headwrecking!

I think I've decided to keep Remy. I was going to bring in Hendo and Sterling for Eriksen and Mane for -4, but I can afford to keep Mane and dump Boyd, giving me a front 8 of:

HAZARD - STERLING - HENDO - Silva - Mane
    Aguero - REMY - Kane

Just need to pick one of Mane, Remy and Kane to bench - actually a pretty tough decision. Mane is the shortest odds to score this weekend, though Remy obviously has the opportunity to for minute in his 2nd game.

N'Doye or Hernandez worth a gamble? Would be taking out Remy. Don't fancy any Leicester forwards. So one of those or Giroud?

I don't think a Hull striker is worth -4. Palace are in good form, and Hull have scored 1 goal in their last 4 away games. Their other game is Liverpool.

You need your Hull striker to score, to break even with your sub (Boyd, right?). I'm not sure that's likely to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Anyone have clean sheet odds - wondering whether Alderweireld home to Spurs or Fernandez (Swa) away to Newcastle is the better bet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement