Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

N'Doye or Hernandez worth a gamble? Would be taking out Remy. Don't fancy any Leicester forwards. So one of those or Giroud?

Neither of then are worth the value, i think Hernandez is 6.6:eek::eek:

Also shouldn't just look at it as a one week punt, Giroud would be better value and more likely to score v chelsea and in any game for the rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I was all set to do Remy to Giroud next week, but now I'm thinking of doing it this week. Doesn't look like Remy will see much time in the DGW, so trying to weigh up dumping him. I'm not convinced by the Leicester (or Hull for that matter) striker options, and if I did go for one i'd be moving him on next week for Giroud anyway.

Only issue is it's effectively for -4, as I've others I want to bring in. So the question is will Giroud outscore Remy, (or Boyd, who would play in his place if he doesn't make an appearance), by 4? Maybe not.
    Reckon mahrez will get more points than giroud wit leicester dgw?

The last 3 Arsenal-Chelsea (in the PL) were 0-0, 1-2 & 0-0 (and the Capital One Cup was 0-2) so it appears to be THE GW to bench any Arsenal attacker and/or gamble on a DGWer instead.
    G1032 wrote: »
    Play Albrighton or Kane?

Buy Mig or Schmeichel?

The first one is tricky. In a way it depends on how safe you want to play. The differential approach would be to take the punt on Albrighton (though is he really nailed on, I have to admit I have no idea). Of course it could backfire but it's hard to imagine Southampton conceding many goals at home where they've been so strong all season.

For the second one, depends on your def. I would not double up. So if you have a Pool or Leicester def I'd go for the other GK. If you have none, it gets complicated. Both teams have pretty good fixtures coming up afterwards. So it could depend on who's your other GK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Start Rooney or Kane?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Still undecided as to the exact make up of my WC team. Going to sleep on it. Either 9 or 10 DGW players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Tempted to take a punt on Costa. Madness?

I'd be transferring him out for Rooney (who has a terrible record at Everton) and it would cost me 4 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Gonna bench Kane, wish me luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gonna bench Kane, wish me luck!
    So am I so the very best of luck to you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Benching Kane :rolleyes:
    I sold him weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Currently hovering over a -12:

Foster to Schmeichel
    Bellerin to Skrtel
    Silva to Sterling
    Mané to Henderson

Been a while since I've taken such a big hit, may need some Dutch courage to help make me hit the button :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Went with Hendo over Sterling (in for Silva) in the end. Fingers crossed that doesn't come back to bite me. :pac: 6 DGWers. Hazard captained. Let's see what happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Going for broke and leaving Costa in my starting XI but even if he only makes the 2nd game he should outscore Falleini who will be benched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    As I said to another boardsie yesterday, in my view, it all depends on who you're gonna play at the back (and again I mean up to GW38) if you don't go for it. If you think you're overall well set up the it's probably a useless hit. Otherwise go for it :P!

Hmm, with the aid of a good old fashioned pen and paper looking at the fixtures for my defence, and assuming I go for three arsenal attackers and not one of their defenders, I figure I could well call on Huth in 3 of the 4 GWs after this one.

Newcastle and QPR at home, and possibly Soton at home are tempting ahead of Wolly away to Swnasea or Berty away to Leicester for example. Especially with Huths goal threat against the likes of Newcastle or QPR. The main thing putting me off is this week and reluctance to bench Berty.

FHFC wrote: »
    Hmm, with the aid of a good old fashioned pen and paper looking at the fixtures for my defence, and assuming I go for three arsenal attackers and not one of their defenders, I figure I could well call on Huth in 3 of the 4 GWs after this one.

Newcastle and QPR at home, and possibly Soton at home are tempting ahead of Wolly away to Swnasea or Berty away to Leicester for example. Especially with Huths goal threat against the likes of Newcastle or QPR. The main thing putting me off is this week and reluctance to bench Berty.

Who are your other defs? Chelsea & Pool?

You actually have me tempted to go for Huth now instead of Schlupp...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I think some people are going a bit OTT with the DGWers because of Villa & QPR's performances in the last DGW. Not all DGWs are so fruitful, and people shouldn't be expecting similar returns from this one.

Hull - useless
    Liverpool - not in great form and being knocked out of the cup was a blow
    Chelsea - Ok well chelsea players, yes ( although arsenal away won't be easy)
    Leicester - Their players at least are cheap but one of their games is against Chelsea and the other is away so probably wouldn't to be too confident of a cleanie or more than 2/3 goals scored

People are taking 8/12 point hits but you have to remember that you'll have to use precious transfers to subsequently get rid of these players (Chelsea and Liverpool may have nothing to play for after the DGW) with a DGW for Arsenal on the horizon too. Wouldn't be too surprised for the DGW to be a bit of a damp squib to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

Just used my 2 FT to get in Hendo and Sterling, have Hazard & Ivan also for the DGW I still have Remy and I have 1m in the bank will I leave him in or get in a Leicester/Pool defender ?

• Advertisement

Who are your other defs? Chelsea & Pool?

You actually have me tempted to go for Huth now instead of Schlupp...

Terry, Berty,Wolly, PVA-ey

Huthy has one of the highest level of goal attempts for defs. Morgan pretty high too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

qwabercd wrote: »
    I think some people are going a bit OTT with the DGWers because of Villa & QPR's performances in the last DGW. Not all DGWs are so fruitful, and people shouldn't be expecting similar returns from this one.

Hull - useless
    Liverpool - not in great form and being knocked out of the cup was a blow
    Chelsea - Ok well chelsea players, yes ( although arsenal away won't be easy)
    Leicester - Their players at least are cheap but one of their games is against Chelsea and the other is away so probably wouldn't to be too confident of a cleanie or more than 2/3 goals scored

People are taking 8/12 point hits but you have to remember that you'll have to use precious transfers to subsequently get rid of these players (Chelsea and Liverpool may have nothing to play for after the DGW) with a DGW for Arsenal on the horizon too. Wouldn't be too surprised for the DGW to be a bit of a damp squib to be honest.

So you're saying that my idea to get Kramaric in for Kane to bring my hits to -16 might not be such a good idea then? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

So you're saying that my idea to get Kramaric in for Kane to bring my hits to -16 might not be such a good idea then? :eek:

Go for it!

No. I think it was just 8 & 12 points hits he was saying weren't a good idea. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

Is it worth putting in Benteke for Remy ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Which 2 to start with from these 3? Kane, Sanchez Giroud.

Am thinking Kane and Sanchez to try cover both games.

Huthy has one of the highest level of goal attempts for defs. Morgan pretty high too.

Hmm... Interesting. Huth has gained me some nice pts in the past (but I should not use this as an example since I did the same with Walters :mad: :rolleyes: :pac:...). But my worry is how much Schlupp OOP role helped him FPL-wise? He's on 3 goals and 1 assist. Were they all collected from this OOP role?

About your def, who are you playing? Terry Berty Wolly I suppose?
    If that's really the case, as you mentioned in your previous post the hit for Huth over Wolly could be seen up to GW38 with the GWs where Leicester have favourable home fixtures compared to Stoke ones (and not only this tough DGW and Stoke nice home fixture).

Of course you could always play PvA and avoid the 4 pts hit. But following the same logic PvA is only interesting for its DGW (other fixtures are tough enough with 4 of its 6 away!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Question for the people hanging onto Remy: will you play him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

That's the second time you've pulled that PVAey trick. Still cracks me up though☺

Hmm... Interesting. Huth has gained me some nice pts in the past (but I should not use this as an example since I did the same with Walters :mad: :rolleyes: :pac:...). But my worry is how much Schlupp OOP role helped him FPL-wise? He's on 3 goals and 1 assist. Were they all collected from this OOP role?

About your def, who are you playing? Terry Berty Wolly I suppose?
    If that's really the case, as you mentioned in your previous post the hit for Huth over Wolly could be seen up to GW38 with the GWs where Leicester have favourable home fixtures compared to Stoke ones (and not only this tough DGW and Stoke nice home fixture).

Of course you could always play PvA and avoid the 4 pts hit. But following the same logic PvA is only interesting for its DGW (other fixtures are tough enough with 4 of its 6 away!)

Should have added I still have Naughton rotting on the bench which is who would go for Huth. So I'd still have pva for the dgw and Wolly v Sunderland this week.

Stoke very favoured by bookies for a cs in that one. But who would you bench from him and Bertrand given Sotons home record and the added attacking threat?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Decided to make a last minute gamble & have taken another -4., now on -8 for this GW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

Sterling or Coutinho or Fabregas?
    Vardy or Ulloa?

have hendo and hazard for dgw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Tempted to take a -4 for the lols and have 7DGW players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Question for the people hanging onto Remy: will you play him?

After sleeping on it I think I'm going to keep him so probably will play him. Even if he gets 15-20 mins he has the potential to score so it's worth the risk. If he doesn't play I'll have Boyd or Wollscheid to come off the bench. Means I'll only have 6 DGW players though.

I'm not joking. I dreamt last night Kramaric scored in the first 40 seconds.

• Advertisement

Should have added I still have Naughton rotting on the bench which is who would go for Huth. So I'd still have pva for the dgw and Wolly v Sunderland this week.
    Yeah I had gotten it but again up to GW38 this -4 for Huth could still be worth it (over Stoke/Sunderland) considering their respective fixtures. I mean even if it does not work this week (Wolly 6 pts and Huth 3 pts) you may end with a positive balance on GW38.
    Stoke very favoured by bookies for a cs in that one. But who would you bench from him and Bertrand given Sotons home record and the added attacking threat?
    This is a super tough one... Spurs do concede goals so Berty attacking potential may be at use. But I guess the bookies favour a Stoke CS more than a Saints one? If it was done to that I'd follow the bookies. I actually can't remember a time when it worked for me but since it is a game of reducing the risks and increasing the probabilities, following the bookies is probably the less worse option :).

But my advice would still be that the first point is the main one.
    Let's have a look at a nightmare scenario this week. I mean you do fancy Stoke & Saints CS this week and seems to be unsure about Leicester chances, accounting for the -4 & potential returns & BPs you could be down maximum 10-13 pts (Wolly/Berty 9/12 pts vs Huth 3) this week if everything goes wrong.

Now you're gonna play Terry & Berty every week. GW37 PVA. And for the 3 other GWs you could take advantage of your Leicester def. And seeing him return 14 pts from these 3 games while your Stoke/Sunderland def only manages 4-5 pts is not something crazy and would make you break even. And that's with worst case scenario for this DGW!

GW | Leicester | Stoke | Sunderland
    35 | NEW | swa | SOU
    36 | SOU | TOT | eve
    38 | QPR | LIV | che

So, to conclude I'd go for Huth and for Berty/Wolly it's almost a coin toss. Are you gonna play Kane? If so you could bench him and play 4 at the back :p (I'm actually half-serious).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Should I start Clyne or bellerin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

seadnamac wrote: »
    I need to decide on one of these three players to start:

Wasilewski (LEI) - two games, 75% injury doubt, not a guaranteed starter either way
    Alderweireld (SOT) - one game at home to Spurs, 75% injury doubt
    Koscielny (ARS) - one game at home to Chelsea

Other two starting defenders are Terry and Skrtel.

Thoughts appreciated.

Any thoughts on this? I have had Alderweireld starting all week as Southampton have kept clean sheets in their last three home games but Spurs are always likely for a goal. I think Was would be a risk even with two games as he is seems to be in and out of the team and is an injury doubt as well. Would Koscielny be the better choice considering Aresnal's form?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

3 transfers done for a -4.
    eriksen silva remy out
    sterling hendo and ndoye in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

I have Upson and Bruce. Should I start either of them over alderweireld? Should I start both of them and drop Clyne as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

seadnamac wrote:
    Any thoughts on this? I have had Alderweireld starting all week as Southampton have kept clean sheets in their last three home games but Spurs are always likely for a goal. I think Was would be a risk even with two games as he is seems to be in and out of the team and is an injury doubt as well. Would Koscielny be the better choice considering Aresnal's form?

I would stick with Alderwiereld. Southampton have an excellent home defensive record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Ranchu wrote: »
    I have Upson and Bruce. Should I start either of them over alderweireld? Should I start both of them and drop Clyne as well?

I would be starting Bruce over Alder for sure even if you think Bruce will only get 4 points then Southampton would need to be keeping a cleansheet about 50% of the time which seems a bit optimistic. Hard to know with Upson if Wasis dead leg from last week is still a problem he might get a game but I wouldn't be very confident of it. You could start him knowing that he is unlikely to get a cameo outside of another injury. Fairly exclusive club that Upson owners one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Lads, I'm fierce torn. Bench Kane or Sanchez?

FFGW34.png

jimmii wrote: »
    Fairly exclusive club that Upson owners one!

He was cheap and getting a game when I got him in. He got me 6 points the only time I played him. I'm quite fond of him because of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lads, I'm fierce torn. Bench Kane or Sanchez?

FFGW34.png
    Kane

Yeah I had gotten it but again up to GW38 this -4 for Huth could still be worth it (over Stoke/Sunderland) considering their respective fixtures. I mean even if it does not work this week (Wolly 6 pts and Huth 3 pts) you may end with a positive balance on GW38.

This is a super tough one... Spurs do concede goals so Berty attacking potential may be at use. But I guess the bookies favour a Stoke CS more than a Saints one? If it was done to that I'd follow the bookies. I actually can't remember a time when it worked for me but since it is a game of reducing the risks and increasing the probabilities, following the bookies is probably the less worse option :).

But my advice would still be that the first point is the main one.
    Let's have a look at a nightmare scenario this week. I mean you do fancy Stoke & Saints CS this week and seems to be unsure about Leicester chances, accounting for the -4 & potential returns & BPs you could be down maximum 10-13 pts (Wolly/Berty 9/12 pts vs Huth 3) this week if everything goes wrong.

Now you're gonna play Terry & Berty every week. GW37 PVA. And for the 3 other GWs you could take advantage of your Leicester def. And seeing him return 14 pts from these 3 games while your Stoke/Sunderland def only manages 4-5 pts is not something crazy and would make you break even. And that's with worst case scenario for this DGW!

GW | Leicester | Stoke | Sunderland
    35 | NEW | swa | SOU
    36 | SOU | TOT | eve
    38 | QPR | LIV | che

So, to conclude I'd go for Huth and for Berty/Wolly it's almost a coin toss. Are you gonna play Kane? If so you could bench him and play 4 at the back :p (I'm actually half-serious).

So effectively what you're saying is I should go for it and you take full responsibility if it all goes arse wise. :D

Good man. Merci!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Well I've stupidly logged in before 11:30 and the Kane -> Kramaric notions had faded, had.

Oh dear. 15 minutes to contain this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Took a 50 point hit in ultimate. Thought that might satisfy my dgw hits desires but no, 8 point hit taken in FPL, one more maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Anyone think that Lovren will play?

Ranchu wrote: »
    He was cheap and getting a game when I got him in. He got me 6 points the only time I played him. I'm quite fond of him because of that.

Yeh at 3.9 he's a nice enabler had a decent run of games not so long ago alright. If Wasi still has a problem with the leg might be his chance to play his way back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I've taken a -8:

Forster to Mig
    Eriksen to Henderson
    Remy to Vardy

The panic last minute question is...Bolasie to Fabregas for another -4? I can't decide!

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh at 3.9 he's a nice enabler had a decent run of games not so long ago alright. If Wasi still has a problem with the leg might be his chance to play his way back in.

All my rivals will probably play Cyne and I'm top of my money league so I think I'll play it safe and leave him on the bench.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Took a 50 point hit in ultimate. Thought that might satisfy my dgw hits desires but no, 8 point hit taken in FPL, one more maybe?

#shurwhynot

I've taken a -8:

Forster to Mig
    Eriksen to Henderson
    Remy to Vardy

The panic last minute question is...Bolasie to Fabregas for another -4? I can't decide!

Close over the rest of the season Fab should definitely be worth at least 4 more and may well make it back just this week. Guess it depends where will be weaker in the future if thats where the funds go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

FutureGuy wrote: »
    #shurwhynot

Grand so. Done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement