Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new build

Options
  • 18-04-2015 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I want to build a pc but don't want to order parts online I just wanna walk into a store and buy for handiness sake with warranty etc.

Anywhere in Ireland sell components cheap?

Also starter build have nothing bar tv 500 to 600

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Hi I want to build a pc but don't want to order parts online I just wanna walk into a store and buy for handiness sake with warranty etc.

Anywhere in Ireland sell components cheap?

Also starter build have nothing bar tv 500 to 600

Had a quick browse of computerpartsireland.com and all their (very limited) stock is 20-30 euro dearer than online, making up about 200 across a build.

Recommend an i3, GTX750Ti and 4gb ram, 430w PSU, 1tb HDD, cheapo case and mb
    Estimated cost about 600

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

If you were to buy off of hardware versand they do a pre build option which is only €5 at the minute. Pick your own parts and they will put it together. All parts will have warranty anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

maplin will build it for you afk

but totally not worth the loss you get from the markup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 dazza216

It's hard to find stores in Ireland such as Best Buy where you can just walk into the store to buy parts. Your best bet is to go online. If you want to keep it local then use dabs.ie, if not use hardwareversand. They're usually a fair bit cheaper than Irish stores.

Here's a build I came up with on dabs:
    CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 860K FM2+ 3.7GHz 4MB Black Edition
    GPU: XFX AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI
    RAM: Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 XMS3 Performance Desktop Memory Kit
    MOBO: Gigabyte F2A88XM-HD3 AMD FM2+ A88X DDR3 mATX
    HDD: WD 1TB Blue SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5" Hard Drive
    PSU: EVGA 500W 500B 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply
    Case: Antec VSK4000E ATX Case No PSU Cable Routing Front USB 2.0
    Keyboard: Microsoft Wired Keyboard 200 for Business - USB - black
    Mouse: Gigabyte GM-M5050 Curvy Optical Mouse - optical - 3 button - USB

Total (Without delivery): 603.53 euro

EDIT: Noticed you need an everything bar a tv, changed the build

Advertisement