Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evening Herald

Options
  • 18-04-2015 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Interesting article on E-Cigarettes, completely un-biased of course.....oh wait, it's not.
    Anyone fancy sending testimonials to the "Quit" site? Telling them your story and asking them where they got their figures from :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

This is the article I guess:

http://www.herald.ie/news/ecigarettes-increase-smokers-dependence-on-nicotine-experts-31149158.html

Funny thing is the Irish Cancer Society lists Pfizer, Novartis, GlaxoSmithKline etc. as their benefactors.

Pfizer manufactures nicotine products and has developed an ecig.

Follow the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 noelyf

Indeed, must have been given a word document from their "Benefactors" to inform the public of this terrible vaping menace. Well big tobacco has had a go already, then big pharma. Lots of money to be made.....and lost by both. Next up is the loss of revenue to the state : )
    There's already been a backlash on a certain social network. I'd be interested to take a straw poll of this boards group, just to see how many vape and smoke. If the powers that be are so concerned for our well being, why not ban the sale of cigarettes ( which are known to kill )...
    Simple, it's all about the money to be made in taxes, healthcare, quitting aids etc.
    Now before all the smokers have a go at me....I dont believe in banning tobacco :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Doubt you'll find many smokers in here ;)

The ICS really pee'd me off with their recent shenanigans. Vaping is absolutely nothing to do with them, and they really shouldn't be sticking their oar in. It'll just have more people jumping on the anti-vape bandwagon.

"OMG the ICS say vaping is bad!!! it MUST cause cancer!!"

This, sadly, is what some who have been on the fence till now, will jump to

• Registered Users Posts: 39 noelyf

Not if I can help it! :) I'm on a crusade to educate anybody who'll listen :D

Advertisement