Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can small in fashion be MIGHTY?

• 18-04-2015 2:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

A while back a friend challenged my fashion expertise as a blogger and said that small things in fashion cannot be mighty. I love fashion accessories and disagreed.

I believe that fashion accessories can make or break the outfit, and this is especially true in children's fashion. Let's face it, little darlings, are not always so darling when they cry, or have made a mess of themselves, and so a fashion accessory can make that difference to get the attention away from food spill on a dress etc.

Bad hair days is another one that affects us all no matter what age. Sometimes when we don't feel like washing our hair we can bang on a hairband, or clip up the hair. If the clip or hairband is bright, bold, etc. it can get the attention away from the fact that you have greasy hair too.

What's your take? Do you love hair accessories and if so, why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

lillian770 wrote: »
    If the clip or hairband is bright, bold, etc. it can get the attention away from the fact that you have greasy hair too.

Totally disagree with this bit - if my hair is looking greasy the last thing I want to do is draw attention to it by adding something colourful or eye-catching!
    Hair accessories can be nice but I usually don't bother with much more than a small flower clip or something, as I don't like things to look too 'fussy'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I like accessories but I rarely follow trends in accessories. For instance, I don't wear statement type necklaces, I know they don't suit me and I don't personally like them so rather than embrace a trend that isn't working for me I opt for a thing chain which actually looks right on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

I like accessories in general, interesting necklaces etc. I'm only really getting to grips with experimenting with accessories but I'm liking it.

Also agree though that an eye catching hair accessory would only draw attention to greasy hair. I put a bump in the front and a neat ponytail (a la early 90's - hoping it's retro ;) )but it hides the fact that my hair needs a wash. I only use hair accessories when my hair looks good as people tend to comment on them.

Advertisement