Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel recommendation needed

Options
  • 18-04-2015 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭

I have an Interview in Galway (Tuam Rd) next week and will need to stay overnight as its early in the morning.
    I don't know Galway at all so I need a recommendation for a decent but reasonably priced place to stay. I have been there twice and stayed in the Meyrick and Radisson on those occasions but both are pricey.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

The Huntsman would be good location wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

There is a travelodge on the Tuam Road, assuming your interview is along the town part of the Tuam Road after Flemings garage, you won't have a better location or price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Its in the Riverside Commercial estate

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

Gael23 wrote: »
    Its in the Riverside Commercial estate

200 yards from the Travelodge. It's budget but it's clean and when you don't know the city you are best to stay close. You'll walk to the interview.

Best of luck with it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Try the Menlo Park and The Pillo

• Advertisement

JillyQ wrote: »
    Try the Menlo Park and The Pillo

The Pillo looks nice. Where is that in relation to the Tuam Road?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

A good bit if you don't have your own transport. Traffic is unpredictable at the moment with the works on lough atalia. Travelodge would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Its about a 15/20 min walk from the riverside ind est, depending on the time your interview is at it about a 10 min drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

Use the booking.com map to check the prices relative to the interview location and read the reviews. A bed is a bed and you should have no problem finding somewhere on the day and if your very price conscious you could chance a hostel. Galway isn't that big and your more then likely going to get a taxi on the day to leave you at their door anyway?

I've booked the Menlo Park. Its a 4* Hotel for €17 more than the Travelodge which I have no problem with.
    The Place I need to go is nearer the Bothar na Treabh side of the business park so the Travelodge is about half a mile away from it anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement