Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to get a June & July let - is it possible before mid-may?

Options
  • 18-04-2015 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

So, right now I'm looking for a place to rent for my significant other and I (long distance relationship, wanting to meet up for the first time) in Galway city, just the two of us.

However, availability isn't really going to open up until mid-may when exams finish. I leave Galway the end of this month, and I'm in the US on holiday from 23 May until 6 June, which means it'd be extremely hard to look.

I'm not even sure if I'm asking for advice so much as venting, because this meeting means a hell of a lot to us, and I'm grinding my teeth to dust with worry over my leads coming up dry!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I doubt it'd be too much of a problem, I remember when house-hunting for college during the summer coming across an annoying (at the time) number of houses that were for let for the summer months only (would be student houses from Sept-May). It makes sense considering the volume of vacant houses outside the city centre during the summer months. I wouldn't get too hung up on it anyway, it should work out OK. :)

Are you looking for your own place or would you be against sharing with others? There's a good facebook group for filling empty rooms in houses in Galway, let me know if you're interested and I'll link you to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Silver Lobo

I'm against sharing for this; that group is great, it's where I found where I'm staying now on short notice, but these two months just have to be between my partner and I.

Thank you for the encouragement :)

Advertisement