Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint bubbling on walls

Options
  • 18-04-2015 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Im not sure if this is the right section for this question so please feel free to move it to the appropriate section.
    The paint in my hallway and living room is bubbling in a lot of areas low down on the walls. The entire house was painted about 18 months ago before I moved in. The bubbles are getting bigger and some of the paint is falling off, under the bubbles the wall appears brown like some kind of muck. Does anyone know why the paint is bubbling and what can I do to stop it? Will I have to repaint the walls and if so will this happen again? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

is there moisture on the wall ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Imjustme

No its completly dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Potentially rising damp? Hard to say OP without any pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Sounds like moisture related damage. Had something like that when the water tank leaked year ago. It soaked through the wall causing what you described on the other side.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Report it to the landlord immediately.
    It sounds like a fungal mould of some type or description.
    It also sounds like it may not be easily remedied.
    Make the landlord aware of it immediately- and take constant photos of it daily- so you have evidence that its not something that you have ignored if there is a dispute over it in future.

I'd also strongly suggest looking for alternate accommodation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

If its an old house that had distemper on the walls previous, dampness would cause it to blister and burst like that esp if it wasn't treated properly.... Get on to your landlord

Report it to the landlord immediately.
    It sounds like a fungal mould of some type or description.
    It also sounds like it may not be easily remedied.
    Make the landlord aware of it immediately- and take constant photos of it daily- so you have evidence that its not something that you have ignored if there is a dispute over it in future.

I'd also strongly suggest looking for alternate accommodation.

The landlord saw it at Christmas and has done nothing since then. Does it pose a health risk?

Im afraid I cant post pictures as Im a new member, does anyone know how long I have to be a member before I can post pictures?

Advertisement