Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost efficient own website start up - domain cost and hosting

• 18-04-2015 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi there, I'm looking at the cost effective options for creating the website. Requiring .ie or .com domain (will go with .eu if it's significantly cheaper) and domain hosting (looks like buyshared.net $5 per year offer can't be beaten). I would look at domain/hosting/webbuilder bundles as well, but I'm willing to use external software for building the page. I have found an interesting domain register offer from 1and1.com - $0.99 for the first year (I'm willing to shop around again after a year), but seems like they tend to autocharge and apply hidden costs. By the way, I'm not interested in free but not fully functional solutions like wix or wordpress - need proper url without getting fleeced. So if anyone knows the market and have dealt with similar situation recently - the input and suggestions will be highly appreciated. All right, off for pints!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

even though it may be tempting, I'd stay away from behemoth like godaddy, ovh and 1&1, it is quite problematic getting a domain away from them and the renewals are way more expensive than offers from other providers

if you're looking for recommendations I'd go either with namesilo, internetbs or namecheap (in that order). I have few dozen domains between them and find them quite reasonable when it comes to pricing and support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭PapaBooje

Great, really appreciate your suggestions. I have my own domain with namecheap at the moment and can't really complain. Will definitely have a look at namesilo. As a temporary measure I got one of the free domains with the web builder (weebly) but in a meantime building the page in Serif WebPlus. Hopefuly all will eventually come together and I'll definitely learn a lot on a way!:) Thanks again!

Advertisement