Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late night, chilled-out cafés in Dublin?

Options
  • 18-04-2015 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Would anybody have recommendations for late night tv/loud noise-free cafés in Dublin? I used to go to Café Moda in Rathmines years ago and it was very chilled out. I was drinking coffee but I think it also sold wine. It had very mellow background music on and you could sink into big armchairs (if you were lucky). Perfect. They also had board games if you were into playing them. I just want to be able to talk with friends without the blare of tvs and other noise coming in on the chat.

Any recommendations for somewhere similar, and importantly what time do they close at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Accents Coffee is just what you're looking for. Only late night coffee joint that I know of. Can be a pain to book for groups though.

https://accentslounge.wordpress.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Starbucks on the Green is 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Meet & Meat on Sth William St where Munchies used be will serve coffee late.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

Starbucks on Stephens Green looks liek a great spot to hang out...Was passing by last night before 12 and it was busy, people sitting inside and outside..there looked to be a great atmosphere and its great to see an alternative for non drinkers or for those who dont like the pubscene.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

hfallada wrote: »
    Starbucks on the Green is 24/7

Seriously open all night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

lc180 wrote: »
    Seriously open all night?

Yeah has a big sign in the window saying 24hrs I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Yeah has a big sign in the window saying 24hrs I think.

I'm not a fan of them, only because they seem to have opened a branch on every corner of the city but.... its good to have somewhere to grab a late night brew in the city. Thanks for the info.

Advertisement