Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Indian takeaway in South Dublin?

Options
  • 18-04-2015 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Gonna get an Indian but havent got one in ages so dont know where to go, im in Crumlin and looking for a delivery. Any got any recommendations please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Bit late I know but popadom in harolds cross are really good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I'm also too late here but for future reference Konkan on Clanbrassil Street is incredibly good. I don't go anywhere else for Indian food!
    http://www.konkan.ie/clanbrassil-st/

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

cosmic wrote: »
    I'm also too late here but for future reference Konkan on Clanbrassil Street is incredibly good. I don't go anywhere else for Indian food!

+1

Had heard about this from a few people but just recently moved to the area. Have had one sit-in dinner and one takeaway from Konkan and it's fantastic!

cosmic wrote: »

Ya they are very good too. Give poppadom a try too also very good. They uses to have a restaurant in Rathgar of the same name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

irishguy wrote: »
    Ya they are very good too. Give poppadom a try too also very good. They uses to have a restaurant in Rathgar of the same name.
    I wouldnt be a fan to be honest, I found the food in the Sligo branch fantastic but I find Harolds Cross watery and bland.
    I always get my indian from either Konkan or Tandoori Bite on south Richmond street

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

A few years ago when I lived nearby I used to frequent Bu Ali on Clanbrassil St. for a takeaway. The food was always lovely and it was fairly cheap, although I haven't been there for some time and I see it doesn't seem to have the best reviews online these days so perhaps it has gone downhill which would be disappointing. Anyone had food from there lately?

A few years ago when I lived nearby I used to frequent Bu Ali on Clanbrassil St. for a takeaway. The food was always lovely and it was fairly cheap, although I haven't been there for some time and I see it doesn't seem to have the best reviews online these days so perhaps it has gone downhill which would be disappointing. Anyone had food from there lately?

Not sure if they are still open the HSE issued a closure notice a while ago. Not sure if they reopened after that. Either way it doesnt sound good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Ravi's in Ballsbridge is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

if you can drive to collect then id go to bombay pantry rathmines, its not that far

spice guru on rathgar avenue deliver to dublin 8 and are very good so id try them too. i ordered from them a few times lately and was nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

+1 for Spice Guru, they are excellent. I can't go to another Indian without comparing them to Spice Guru

• Advertisement
Advertisement