Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream Gathering 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Nice to see someone else interested in this, I started a thread for it last year and there was no input from anyone apart from one or two posts in gigs and events, it probably doesn't help that most of the artists are virtually unknown, but its all about the ethos and atmosphere, a psi trance version of Knockanstockan.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Actually their line up doesn't look too bad at all with a few notables.

Kila, Gaudi, King Kong Company, Olive Tree Dance, Triciclo, Mutefish plus loads more to be announced and this time its moved from Macroom, Cork to Birr Castle in County Offaly 17th - 19th July.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mrsguest1988

It's a great festival. Great vibe, variety of music and you meet the most interesting people there.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

Not so bad, thinking of heading to it as it is closer to Knockanstockan or Indiependence for us and tickets are 75 squids before the start of May...I actually think the lineup is pretty daycent; haven't seen Gaudi before but he is meant to be very good...is there many other attractions on site? I know the venue has moved so it is likely to be slightly different to last year...

Just saw this post from Dream Gathering on their Facebook page-

Hello dear Dreamers, we need to make an ***important announcement***. We have always valued each and every one of you and the support and following you have given us the last couple of years. This year we wanted to bring you all something extra special and unique, hoping to create a new vision and experience. With that comes a cost, which we have tried our very best to keep at the absolute minimum. Unfortunately, our ticket sales, since moving to Phase 2 have not been moving much and without sales, it makes it very difficult for us to go ahead this year... We receive so much positive feedback, along with 2.7k people 'attending' on our event page... So we ask you all now, if you are planning on coming to this year Gathering, please get your tickets ASAP!!! Otherwise, we say with very heavy hearts, that we will have to cancel... we feel honesty is the best policy in this regard, and would love to hear your feedback, and please, help us to bring the Dream to you ALL again ...

Any chance it could be cancelled or is it a drive to boost ticket sales?

I'm kinda screwed if it is cancelled as I have booked those days for holidays and can't change them!

• Advertisement

Advertisement