Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying from the UK

Options
  • 18-04-2015 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I am looking at buying a volkswagen Touran from the UK. The prices seem high there too but there is a lot more choice. I have never done this before. Is it total madness? Are there specific steps? I would need to identify and buy and register the car in 6 weeks as we are going on holiday then. Is this time frame workable?

Thanks for all the advise I look forward to reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

More choice is a big plus but I'd imagine the exchange rate is making buying in Sterling less and less attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sso

Definitely. It is so annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭a postere

Generally, they are better looked after and serviced as well, better roads and motorway miles. Properly recorded main dealer service history's are also plentiful.
    Generally higher specs are also more common.
    Sterling rate is crap at the minute though.
    Might be better to wait a month or two. Sterling / Euro is always volatile and never steady for long, it'll swing back in your favour sooner or later.

Advertisement