Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pregnancy after miscarriage

Options
  • 18-04-2015 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

all
    I had 2 miscarriages before finally having my son 8 mth ago...we decided not to wait too long before trying again incase we had to go through the same again...we'll I found out after only a mth of trying I was pregnant..we were both over the moon..baby due in October. ..

Unfortunately on March 20th I miscarried just 9 weeks...I am now on day 30 usually a 26 day cycle..no sign of period...did a pregnancy. Test few days ago and came up negative...I know it was silly doing it but I just so wanted it to b positive..really thought I would have had my period by now..With previous miscarriages it would have come by now...
    My question is has anyone gotten pregnant without having period...
    Do you think I could be pregnant and maybe I got a negative because I ovulated later than I expected or am I just clinging to hope 😂

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Hi Mollytev. Like you I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks in March, I would've been due late September this year. I asked the doctor how long it would take for my period to return and she said that everyone is different and it can take between two and eight weeks. I usually have a 32 day cycle and my period returned two weeks ago, 5 weeks to the day after the procedure I had.

It is possible to get pregnant again quickly without having had a period but it's difficult to know when you've ovulated. Doctor's usually say to wait for a period before trying again so that the pregnancy is easier to date. My husband and I weren't trying as such while waiting for my period to return but we didn't take any prevention steps either. We're back trying properly now and I'm using ovulation tests again.

It's only been a few weeks since you miscarried so try not to stress too much. Your body needs to adjust hormonally to not being pregnant anymore before your cycles can return to normal so try not to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Hi Mollytev, just wanted to say I am very sorry for your three lost angels! I lost a little one many years ago. Be good to yourself and take some time to heal. I hope you don't have to wait too long xxxx

Advertisement