Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brake bolt too short. What are options?

• 18-04-2015 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

I have brakes for a new frame. The bolt that goes through the brake and through the hole in the fork and connects to the recessed bolt is too short. I 've gotten a longer recessed bolt and it doesnt hep as the fork stops it going in the full distance. It is the actual bolt on the brake that's too short. the Brakes on another bike with a longer bolt fit fine.

Can I get a longer bolt to put on the brake? Its an athena brake.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Pablo Rubio

Yes. There is different length bolts you can get. When you get a groupset or caliper set these differen are usually included. Local bike shop should have loads of these spare if they've been building a few bikes lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I dropped down to wheelworx and they gave me one for free, had bought a few bits at the same time but still nice of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I have brakes for a new frame. The bolt that goes through the brake and through the hole in the fork and connects to the recessed bolt is too short. I 've gotten a longer recessed bolt and it doesnt hep as the fork stops it going in the full distance. It is the actual bolt on the brake that's too short. the Brakes on another bike with a longer bolt fit fine.

Can I get a longer bolt to put on the brake? Its an athena brake.

Are you sure it's a front brake you're putting on.

The front and rear have different length studs with the rear being shorter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭mistermatthew

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Are you sure it's a front brake you're putting on.

The front and rear have different length studs with the rear being shorter.

Yeah its athena brakes. So the dual pivot is the front, which is the one with the shorter bolt. I think its an unusual fork not helping too. But the bolt is unusually short.

Advertisement