Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderators Rules......

Options
  • 18-04-2015 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

I direct you towards this thread...........

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057416045&page=16

And I direct you to this post by none other than one of your own moderators, amdublin on page 14 of same thread....

"My god she's incredibly big".

This was a rather personal comment about one of the guests, a comment on her appearance which I am 99% sure is against forum rules...

I subsequently reported this but it remained.

Someone else brought it up that it wasn't a nice comment and moderators should know better and the moderator, instead of apologising and removing her post, handed out a warning or an infraction to the poster for pulling the thread off line or whatever term they use. She subsequently removed the warning, perhaps acknowledging the hypocricy of it all but launched another tirade on another innocent poster!

Now whilst I wasn't involved, I was posting on the thread and upon seeing the comment by the moderator WHO WAS MODERATING THE THREAD I felt need to report. I even reported twice as it still wasn't and still isn't removed.

This moderator and other moderators would be the first to call out posters for making jibes at guests appearances, I myself was "punished " by said moderator before even though my post was far less personal on a poor woman with serious health issues.

So go on, who moderates the moderators.................

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

And, yes, before you ask, this is my concern. I have reported it and justice wasn't served and I witnessed the comment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What ban or infraction are you meant to be contesting here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Spear wrote: »
    What ban or infraction are you meant to be contesting here?

My post is very clear. I am disputing the fact that the comment still remains o n the thread and is innapropriate and against the rules despite the fact I reported it and many others did also.

Where else should I go if the moderator in charge of the thread is the poster who made the comment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This is being closed since it's nothing to do with DRP then. And as the Helpdesk charter states, PM the mod to discuss the issue first.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement