Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding out what the landline number is/was.

Options
  • 19-04-2015 12:41am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Quick question on behalf of a family member.

My Sister moved into a new house. She asked the landlord for the phone number (to set up landline, broadband, etc). He did not know it as the last tenant had it. She contacted her Broadband provider and they could not "nail down" the address. The house is on it's own, in a small town, but not part of an estate, etc. It's been called "the bungalow" for decades and people know it as that (even the postman knows it as that).

Problem is its not the proper address so her broadband provider said to contact Eircom. The person from Eircom said she could get it herself by ringing 19088 (or something to that effect) and an automated response would give her the landline number or last number. She tried it but could not get through. I was in the house today and she asked me to check it for her. As i picked up the phone i noticed there was no dial tone (seems obvious to her now, but not when she tried it).

So how does she go about finding out what the landline number is/was? She needs the phone number to get the address it's linked to and get her phone and broadband back.

I understand the whole data protection thing, but i'm not looking for an private or personal information. Just a route she can take to try and get this sorted. Other than ringing Eircom again that is. As this was tried and the above was their answer.

Thanks.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

19800 and 199000 will help her out. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Cass wrote: »
    Quick question on behalf of a family member.

My Sister moved into a new house. She asked the landlord for the phone number (to set up landline, broadband, etc). He did not know it as the last tenant had it. She contacted her Broadband provider and they could not "nail down" the address. The house is on it's own, in a small town, but not part of an estate, etc. It's been called "the bungalow" for decades and people know it as that (even the postman knows it as that).

Problem is its not the proper address so her broadband provider said to contact Eircom. The person from Eircom said she could get it herself by ringing 19088 (or something to that effect) and an automated response would give her the landline number or last number. She tried it but could not get through. I was in the house today and she asked me to check it for her. As i picked up the phone i noticed there was no dial tone (seems obvious to her now, but not when she tried it).

So how does she go about finding out what the landline number is/was? She needs the phone number to get the address it's linked to and get her phone and broadband back.

I understand the whole data protection thing, but i'm not looking for an private or personal information. Just a route she can take to try and get this sorted. Other than ringing Eircom again that is. As this was tried and the above was their answer.

Thanks.
    Hi Cass

The advice offered by Ah-Watch above should help - enter the number and an automated voice should read back the number (but only if active within the last 12 to 18 months)

If you would like to PM me the address and the previous tenants name I'll see what I can find.

Cheers
    Al

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Will it still work if there is no ring tone? I've tried it and cannot get anything.

I'll send you on the address i have, but because it could not be "found" ringing this number was suggested.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Just got a call back from Eircom. They are sending an engineer out to install a new line and check for E-fibre suitability, etc.

The engineer is local so knows the house and said he'll get us sorted. He reckons the line could be dead, but he said he'll check it all out when he gets there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Cass wrote: »
    Just got a call back from Eircom. They are sending an engineer out to install a new line and check for E-fibre suitability, etc.

The engineer is local so knows the house and said he'll get us sorted. He reckons the line could be dead, but he said he'll check it all out when he gets there.
    Cheers for updating Cass

I'll get back to your second PM today

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement