Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angron's Temple of Khorne (lair thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I quote Christopher Titus a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

And I just quoted Fr Ted in a Facebook post. :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I think that kind of thing has become a part of our language. Certain references that can convey entire paragraphs in a few words or a single picture.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Memes :) It's the original definition Dawkins has for the word - a common shared knowledge or joke or whatever that we all understand and that we can all play around with :)

Shiminay wrote: »
    Memes :) It's the original definition Dawkins has for the word - a common shared knowledge or joke or whatever that we all understand and that we can all play around with :)

That was what I was thinking of. That or Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hi from San Fran :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Hey Links. Glad you arrived ok.

In the nicest possible way, GET OFF BOARDS & enjoy hols & reunion.

Morning everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Links234 wrote: »

Don't get too carried away with the See's Candies... :)

Hey Links, have a great time :D

• Advertisement

So I'm a people manager again after doing my utmost to avoid it for the last number of years. Yay for saying no...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Links234 wrote: »

pic from the bridge please :)

btw mornin people

no i havent dreamed what i was hoping for : (

:d)

how are we?

Is that from GoT or from BvSuperman?

Taltos wrote: »
    Is that from GoT or from BvSuperman?

GoT wub.gif

:)

Wait until you see him in the Batman/Superman movie... :)

E37OFqQl.png

Good morning darlings, how are we all?

E37OFqQl.png

aw my good gracious lord :d)))

wub.gifblush.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

E37OFqQl.png

Bloody hell..... :eek:

Can I book a spot in your medical wing lads? :D

Morning everyone :)

mornin lyssa, taltos is tryin to give us a heart attack :d))

well he succeeded in me case :D :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

We'll keep you a spot when it re-opens :D

Also damned super-hunk specimens of manliness making the rest of us look bad :(:p

We'll keep you a spot when it re-opens :D

Also damned super-hunk specimens of manliness making the rest of us look bad :(:p
    aw but it can be an inspiration, no? :p

Anyone see the latest pic of Jared Leto? He's definitely bulking up! :D

He's looking quite well IMO. ;)

HA! Inspiration only goes so far, even I swoon looking at that Aquaman pic :P

Leto's Joker looks interesting, but I can understand the but-hurt online over it (cause woe betide anything that doesn't line up with the Mob's vision). But like Ledger before him, the man's a quality actor and so I'll be reserving any and all judgement until I've seen the role in action :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Time to hit the weights room again I think :cool:

It's too early to post what I've just tweeted :p

Loads of people seem to be complaining about the tattoos in the pic and I'm here going... "Errrr, they're his own tattoos.. Unless the new Joker is a 30 Seconds To Mars fan.."

HA! Inspiration only goes so far, even I swoon looking at that Aquaman pic :P
    if you know that scene in GoT where hes looking at his woman while shes eating the heart of the horse.. well that gaze was tellin everything.. like a gaze of a man who loves and adores and is proud of his woman and is not afraid to show it as he knows its not making him less of a man at all, but quite the opposite lol :D :rolleyes: :o
    Time to hit the weights room again I think :cool:
    thumbup.gif

Genetic re-combination therapy maybe! :D

Joya wrote: »
    if you know that scene in GoT where hes looking at his woman while shes eating the heart of the horse.. well that gaze was tellin everything.. like a gaze of a man who loves and adores and is proud of his woman and is not afraid to show it as he knows its not making him less of a man at all, but quite the opposite lol :D :rolleyes: :o
    Yea, it was the "This magnificent woman *WILL* be my Queen!" moment for Kal Drogo - she'd already started turning him from "this will be the white girl I will rape mercilessly and dominate utterly for a while till I'm bored of her" into "this could be an interesting partner" but the Heart scene was the icing on the cake that made her Khaleesi :D

People forget that an over the top show of love and affection is just as manly as an over the top show of aggression and anger.

• Advertisement

Yea, it was the "This magnificent woman *WILL* be my Queen!" moment for Kal Drogo - she'd already started turning him from "this will be the white girl I will rape mercilessly and dominate utterly for a while till I'm bored of her" into "this could be an interesting partner" but the Heart scene was the icing on the cake that made her Khaleesi :D

People forget that an over the top show of love and affection is just as manly as an over the top show of aggression and anger.

Shiminay - I could not be sayin this better meself :cool:
    perhaps you ARE some kind of writer - after all :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement