Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angron's Temple of Khorne (lair thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Shiminay wrote: »
    Did them myself for a few years, didn't suit me too well so got back to a 9-5 post haste :p

9-5 is the best :) I actually have today/tomorrow off though thank fcuk!

Also hi both and thanks for my random intrusion! I know a few people from around these parts from other forums but don't believe I've ever met either of ye :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

woodchuck wrote: »
    I'm just back from a holiday, so I know the first panic was because I didn't know where I was. First world problems eh :P

Then the usual paranoia that someone broke into the house (they didn't, never have, just a persist irrational fear... probably worse atm because I'm back to being in a room on my own after sharing on hols).

So what has everyone else up round these parts?
    That all sounds perfectly reasonable tbh :) I always check the house after being away too :)
    I like nights they seem to fit better for me.. Skulking about must be my thing. :pac:

lol, maybe so. I was a hotel manager, so I was always on call and couldn't get too sucked into the tubes :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh at least you don't have to be up so Woodchuck, that's a relief.. More time to get used to being back before you start the grind. And you're welcome, don't think I've met you before either..

woodchuck wrote: »
    9-5 is the best :) I actually have today/tomorrow off though thank fcuk!

Also hi both and thanks for my random intrusion! I know a few people from around these parts from other forums but don't believe I've ever met either of ye :)

Yea, I'm headed back to the leaba very shortly, I'm back to the desk at 9ish ;)

Random intrusions are always welcome woodchuck, pull up a chair :)

Thing is I don't know what I'd even do if I came across an intruder :P I suppose I just know that it's extremely unlikely so just need to put my mind at ease... could backfire horribly some day :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's all very laid back here as Shim says, random chat about everything and nothing. Despite the nocturnal title there tends to be people here at any given hour..

I have a panic alarm and a bat'leth in my bedroom and a softball bat in my hall :)

I have a panic alarm and a bat'leth in my bedroom and a softball bat in my hall :)

Haha that's awesome :D Could you imagine the look on someones face if you came at them with a bat'leth :D (didn't need the link btw ;))

It has thankfully never happened and with some luck, never will happen :D

Not everyone is gifted with the knowledge of what they are ;)

Being prepared with multiple daggers and torches around the place is as natural to me as breathing. Not sure what that says about me!. :o

• Advertisement

Being prepared with multiple daggers and torches around the place is as natural to me as breathing. Not sure what that says about me!. :o

Says you're smart :)

Hmm perhaps I should keep some weapons handy so! I do have a teeny tiny scissors in a manicure set within arms reach... somehow doubt that'll send them running in terror though :P But maybe my terrible karaoke singing would send them running...

Keep a megaphone close by so instead :p

Have a hurl or a bat. I also have a torch for blinding purposes..

Right, I am back in my bed. I shall have to bid you both good morning as it's already bright out :(

Nn

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

**Swannie sticks nose in Lair**

Anyone about for a chat? :cool:

Night Shim, hi there Swan, how are you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

hi there Swan, how are you?
    Just grand thanks Grem. You?

For some reason I never had watched Game of Thrones. Just started watching season one, and I can see why it's so popular. What do you think?

* plucks a feather and runs away laughing *

I'm one of those odd people that doesn't tend to get into things at the same time as others.. I can imagine the appeal but haven't looked or read at all so far.

• Advertisement

* plucks a feather and runs away laughing *
    OUCH!!! :o

Methinks that the next bucked for tea I brew for you Shiminay may be served on your head! That will wake you up! :pac:

I'm one of those odd people that doesn't tend to get into things at the same time as others.. I can imagine the appeal but haven't looked or read at all so far.
    I like reading and viewing period pieces, especially about early history British Isles, Gaul, and Roman. Game of Thrones has the feel of such pieces.

That was a mite sneaky alright Swan.. Dull dry morning here.. My bed is calling but I've an appointment after work for the next three, yes THREE days.. Grr.

Dull dry morning here..
    Dark sky, 16C, dead calm,
    My bed is calling but I've an appointment after work for the next three, yes THREE days.. Grr.
    Whoa... lots of appointments. :eek:

I like my history too and could see that as an attraction just a bit jaded with the hype for now I guess.

Yeah three, medical marvel I am haha!.

Yeah three, medical marvel I am haha!.
    I see that you and I are supporting the medical profession. :pac:

Certainly keeping them busy!.

Certainly keeping them busy!.
    Seems like there are many of us Lairians sick, suggesting that perhaps we should budget for a Lair medical wing**?

**Ohhhh... I like wings too. :D

I see what you did there! :p I post in LTI too so used to illness among us.. That hospital idea is good, whatever shall we name it??

• Advertisement

I see what you did there! :p I post in LTI too so used to illness among us.. That hospital idea is good, whatever shall we name it??
    We can play with names for the Lair Medical Wing. I bet that Paws would volunteer to be our Chief Medical Officer. She knows a lot about taking care of (party) animals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement