Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angron's Temple of Khorne (lair thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

my todays duty's done, me thought ye all d like to know :p

and btw omg whats with the weather, it sooo frickin' warm :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Good on ya Joya :)

And yea, it's way too how, it's like all those people who came home to vote have heated the place up!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Brace yourselves, *Summer is coming

*hopefully

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shiminay wrote: »
    No, just of the Boards Community :p

Boards Ltd is a very different matter :D

But am I right in saying you created the site? or am I way off there ?

But am I right in saying you created the site? or am I way off there ?

WAAAAAY off Why yes, yes I did...

<_<

>_>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Brace yourselves, *Summer is coming

*hopefully

:cool:
    Joya wrote: »
    my todays duty's done, me thought ye all d like to know :p

and btw omg whats with the weather, it sooo frickin' warm :eek:

Ahh yes the duty :D
    Happy Friday pals! :)

HF Mon o/

You might be thinking of DeV maybe? DeVore is one of the site founders. He's also been my friend for almost 20 years and we used to share a flat.

You might be thinking of DeV maybe? DeVore is one of the site founders. He's also been my friend for almost 20 years and we used to share a flat.

That is indeed who I was thinking of :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I like Devore. I remember playing Space Marine with him.

Anyway, back from voting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I think it's cool how the forum evolved from being a Quake discussion forum into the site we all know & love today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭butterbun

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I think it's cool how the forum evolved from being a Quake discussion forum into the site we all know & love today.

My newishness might be showing here (and my gullibility), but is that true?

oh yea, 100% The forum on Quake.ie went on to be the start of Boards.ie after DeV and Cloud had a chat and made a bet one night...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yup, it is. Way back in the forgotten era that was the late 90's.

you know of satriani :eek:

duty, yes melord :d))

Joya wrote: »
    you know of satriani :eek:

duty, yes melord :d))

Ya I like his stuff : ) especially the above song :D

Were these duty shenanigans ? :D

Ya I like his stuff : ) especially the above song :D

Were these duty shenanigans ? :D

m sure those were in your head seph :D:p

What? me ? never :-|

ya ok they were :-D

oh yea, 100% The forum on Quake.ie went on to be the start of Boards.ie after DeV and Cloud had a chat and made a bet one night...
    Angron wrote: »
    Yup, it is. Way back in the forgotten era that was the late 90's.

Haha, that's incredible. Such FPSey origins I never would have guessed!

...we can still talk about Quake though, right?

We certainly can! Although I'd be amazed if there were more than a dozen people left now who know what a Rocket Jump is :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

HF Mon o/

And many happy returns to you too Seph mon! :D

• Advertisement

What? me ? never :-|

ya ok they were :-D

hahah i knew it! :D

We certainly can! Although I'd be amazed if there were more than a dozen people left now who know what a Rocket Jump is :p

Heh, I was too young to really get into Quake. But oh my does it ever make for a fun LAN/drinking party game. Gimme that and AoEII and we have a fun night ahead!

Yea, Quake at a LAN is hard to beat. My favourite moments in Computer Gaming are almost all LAN related :)

I was never much good at AOE II - this was confirmed when I bought the remake that came out a few years ago (not that it worked, it was a really crappy port).

Yea, Quake at a LAN is hard to beat. My favourite moments in Computer Gaming are almost all LAN related :)

I was never much good at AOE II - this was confirmed when I bought the remake that came out a few years ago (not that it worked, it was a really crappy port).

There's something so much more enjoyable about having your friends in a room with you playing a game together. I really miss that.

They updated the HD remake! Eventually. Now it actually runs, and there's even a new expansion in the works.

Might have to check it out so!

Right, time to go and vote.

Hey, I play TF2 :P

I have a load of good memories of LANs. I remember once winning a 7 or 8 player game of Dawn of War, it came down to me (Space Marines) and one other guy (Imperial Guard), and just became a big and ridiculous game of cat and mouse as I tried to hunt down his last Enginseer so he couldn't build any more headquarters. It came down to the two of us cause we both ended up steamrolling all the other players :pac:

There was another one we were playing CoD4, but for some reason we couldn't get the competitive mode working right, I forget why. In the end, we just played it hardcore mode with perks and stuff on. One of the guys on my team insisted on using the perk "Martyrdom" which drops a grenade at your feet on death. He inadvertently killed me or our other team mate more times than any opponent, to the point where my team mate started shouting at him to change the damn perk.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

aye hopefully will try not to worry
    Any news on Pepsi yet, atc?
    butterbun wrote:
    Merry Friday everyone! Congrats on passing your test, PP. Time to get some WHEELS.
    Thank you very much! Got the wheels already, bought a Micra last year. No stopping me now!
    Angron wrote:
    Anyway, back from voting
    *thumbs up*
    Lithium93_ wrote:
    Shiminay wrote:
    That's interesting. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Any news on Pepsi yet, atc?
    Thank you very much! Got the wheels already, bought a Micra last year. No stopping me now!
    *thumbs up*

That's interesting. :D

yep, my mom just texted to say she's waiting to bring her home, she's lost a few teeth but she's ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

yep, my mom just texted to say she's waiting to bring her home, she's lost a few teeth but she's ok
    Cool. Glad to hear it. Soft food for a few days and she'll be right as rain!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

ok looks like pepsi is staying the night at the vets, the vet checked her over before he went to give her to mom but her breathing is strange and she's still very sleepy so keeping in overnight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement