Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angron's Temple of Khorne (lair thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's almost criminal to see how the worst off rural areas get services cut and populations cut off and isolated.

I've never been to Tipp and I've only ever passed through Kerry briefly on a trip to and from Cork.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A drive from here to friends in tipp takes just over an hour.. To get nearly there by bus takes six... It's crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Shiminay wrote: »
    It's almost criminal to see how the worst off rural areas get services cut and populations cut off and isolated.

I've never been to Tipp and I've only ever passed through Kerry briefly on a trip to and from Cork.

I understand that moving to a bigger town or city has more employment opportunities and there is more focus for building and improving infrastructure/services around towns and cities. But the price of rents/house prices is absolutely ridiculous hence why some people (like my OH) would rather live in the countryside than a town.

Tipp is all right. Some cool spots like this:

InjIRqe.jpg?2

or this place

100_04901.jpg

I grew up around these places. It's got some cool hidden beauty spots to it. Not as many as Kerry but it does have some awesome spots :)

That's really lovely looking :)

I'm from Mayo, could never live there again though, but it's super pretty :)

LOL

• Advertisement

That's really lovely looking :)

I'm from Mayo, could never live there again though, but it's super pretty :)

Mayo is one place that I never really got to see much of :/ My grand parents used to haul us up to Knock when we were younger and spend hours in that church, bored out of our minds. And everytime we went up there it was always pissing out of the heavens!! Couldn't wait to get out of the place!

Oh gods, yea, a typical summer holiday "tradition" - was worse for me cause my mother used to work as the organist in the shrine! So we'd go over there quite regularly.

Oh gods, yea, a typical summer holiday "tradition" - was worse for me cause my mother used to work as the organist in the shrine! So we'd go over there quite regularly.

Oh man, one day out of the year was bad enough for me, I couldn't imagine going there regularly!! :o

I must be off, the house is quite once again so going to get some sleep!!

Night Shim :) o/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Where's that in tipp Mozz?. Reminds me of silvermines, the first one that is..

I like urban living, for now anyway.. as I get grumpier I can see the benefits of disappearing out the country!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Don't recognise them places & i'm from Tipp. :o

morning noclets.

• Advertisement

Mornin Ted, early bird as always!.

Mornin Ted, early bird as always!.

hey G, nearly finished work?

Think i'm in the wrong forum. :D

I could go to bed @ 2/3 & still wake around now. Body is not able to do lie-instant.

Yeah just over an hour to go.. Busy night.

Also don't leave the forum! *puss in boots sad eyes* :pac:

Nobody leaves this place.

This place is Hotel California.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Not so bad. Isn't it amazing how inaccessible some parts of this little island are still?
    Yesterday to get to Mullingar, I had to get one train from Portlaoise to Heuston, get the Luas to Connolly and then get another train down to here, and it cost me 53 euro! Only I had the B&B and everything booked already I'd have left it so!

Anyway, morning all. o/

It is a bit Ted!

Aye Paws it's pretty messed up how hard it is to get to some places..

Ridiculous having to go via Dublin for two midland towns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Great day was had today, weather was comfortable, met friends and had a whole lot of fun :)

Last day in America land tomorrow and then homeward bound

Glad to hear you could get going today. :)

Aye Paws it's pretty messed up how hard it is to get to some places..
    Ted_YNWA wrote:
    Ridiculous having to go via Dublin for two midland towns.
    Took four hours and by the time I got here I was absolutely wrecked!
    Links234 wrote:
    Last day in America land tomorrow and then homeward bound
    Sounds like you're having a ball there Links.

Almost time for breakfast here. Haven't had a full Irish in ages. I know I'm trying to watch my weight but you have to live as well. :p:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

It's my nephews communion today. Our last one for communion out of 5 of them...not able. They are growing up too fast

Enjoy the communion, akamossy.

Really looking forward to today! :)

Chat later guys.

Enjoy Mossy.

Start networking Paws, could get a job out of it ;)

Morning all!! On the bus now!! Homeward bound!! Delighted there is WiFi on the bus!! Keep me sane!! :D

Grem, the first picture I posted an abandoned quarry in a place called Portroe, near Lough Derg. Second place is called the Devils Bit. The cider is named after it! I grew up not too far away from the Devils Bit. Lots of legends and folklore surround the area!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

seems like yes will prevail!

ill be holdin me breath :))

From what I am reading they pretty much have it!

Good to hear the country is coming out of the dark ages.

no pun intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    From what I am reading they pretty much have it!
    yes, but ill be holding my breath and my fingers still crossed till it is announced, however this "Yes vote would see Ireland as first country to approve same-sex marriage by popular vote" sounds really great to me :))

yes ted it is isnt it, somehow it is a sign..

I seriously can't wait to get off this bus!! Half starved and there's some guy just staring at me :\ Least the Bus driver isn't afraid to put the shoe down!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭butterbun

Following along with RTE live updates. It's a sure thing, but still nervous. Or excited? Hard to tell the difference sometimes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement