Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angron's Temple of Khorne (lair thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    the further east you go, the stronger the Yes side.

Them Westerners.

Not another dig at you Lith, just a general observation.
    Seems to be a close run thing here in Limerick as well. At least according to the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

You're grand Ted, I made the same observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    You're grand Ted, I made the same observation.

If Links was home, she would have rallied the troops there.

A good day to listen to The Cardigans and Garbage I think. In the mood to space out until it's time to go out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

great results, it looks like it was everywhere above 50 percent which is just great great great :))))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

There's a thread in AH that is completely sour grapes about the vote

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    There's a thread in AH that is completely sour grapes about the vote

Saw that there alright.

If people don't vote, people give out.

People make the effort to vote & still give out.

Someone on Facebook posted this in response to some no voters posting bile on the pages of people celebrating the outcome.
    Rare to see the Troll being the good one haha.

original.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭butterbun

Really surprised there was a 'Yes' result in Donegal. Though even more surprised at how overwhelming the results were around Dublin! I'm in the wrong part of the country.

butterbun wrote: »
    Really surprised there was a 'Yes' result in Donegal. Though even more surprised at how overwhelming the results were around Dublin! I'm in the wrong part of the country.
    Lets just accept it for the win it was rather than focusing on how close it was one way or the other. Less stressful that way haha.

• Advertisement

Was expecting high results in Dublin.

More of a mix of people & "the gay" is more visible, not a social outcast.
    Sounds a bit harsh, can't think of an easier way to describe it.

Countryside would be more conservative & I am country to the bone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭butterbun

Lets just accept it for the win it was rather than focusing on how close it was one way or the other. Less stressful that way haha.

Aye, you're right. This is a historic day! Better to celebrate it and just be happy the referendum passed.

Anyone know if we are letting Jedward become Presidential candidates?

butterbun wrote: »
    Aye, you're right. This is a historic day! Better to celebrate it and just be happy the referendum passed.
    That's the spirit! :D

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Anyone know if we are letting Jedward become Presidential candidates?

still no results for that on referendum.ie

i hope no :d))

Joya wrote: »
    still no results for that on referendum.ie

i hope no :d))
    Christ me four years ago as a possible figure head for the country? "Mr. President the delegates are here"
    "Oh yeah? Give em an Irish welcome, game of cards and some shots, wahey! Set it up."

Pretty much me now but meaner and twice as ignorant.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Trailer Park Boys posted this on Facebook :)

11377082_828902220530668_6708028967787701787_n.jpg?oh=aec6b6e55fb0bcdadb10679da7dc4412&oe=55C3B193&__gda__=1443483557_39bbd973776c1fa2183d4a6a894e5aec

Sláinte Ireland, have a few lil' drinkypoos on us!

Christ me four years ago as a possible figure head for the country? "Mr. President the delegates are here"
    "Oh yeah? Give em an Irish welcome, game of cards and some shots, wahey! Set it up."

Pretty much me now but meaner and twice as ignorant.

hahah yes

i mean, if they asked for 30yo id prob be thinking about it but 21yo, jesus..
    not sure what was the point of the question, why was money even put into that??

hahah yes

i mean, if they asked for 30yo id prob be thinking about it but 21yo, jesus..
    not sure what was the point of the question, why was money even put into that??
    No idea. People giving out saying it's ageist. I'm all for reducing the age too but not that far. People that age generally aren't allowed in nightclubs never mind into the Presidency.

No idea. People giving out saying it's ageist. I'm all for reducing the age too but not that far. People that age generally aren't allowed in nightclubs never mind into the Presidency.

no i mean it does not mean that there are no very intelligent and responsible people at that age, but me believes they require some "life and professional" experience before applying for running the country..

not sure if people of that age may be employed in the cabinet as some sort of consultants or whatever and that would be very valuable

presidency would must come later, id perhaps go with 32, 33, 34yo perhaps but feel like 35s just also fine.. by that time these people would also have a chance to prove themselves in the world of politics, no? like to show why would we trust them... idk : )..

• Advertisement

no i mean it does not mean that there are no very intelligent and responsible people at that age, but me believes they require some "life and professional" experience before applying for running the country..

not sure if people of that age may be employed in the cabinet as some sort of consultants or whatever and that would be very valuable

presidency would must come later, id perhaps go with 32, 33, 34yo perhaps but feel like 35s just also fine.. by that time these people would also have a chance to prove themselves in the world of politics, no? like to show why would we trust them... idk : )..
    Ah I get you now. In my personal and probably incorrect opinion if you're responsible enough to run a country at 21 then you're being young wrong.

The best way to learn is by making mistakes and you have to be young and reckless to make mistakes.

Ah I get you now. In my personal and probably incorrect opinion if you're responsible enough to run a country at 21 then you're being young wrong.

The best way to learn is by making mistakes and you have to be young and reckless to make mistakes.

i wouldn't give that amount of responsibility to a person that would learn on people how to make things right : )

if person of that age wants to contribute i presume there are many other ways to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hey guys :)

Didn't get to see any results until I got out of the last talk. I have genuinely never felt more proud to be Irish!!! :D

Hey Paws, how are you?
    i wouldn't give that amount of responsibility to a person that would learn on people how to make things right : )

if person of that age wants to contribute i presume there are many other ways to do that?
    There are indeed though I have no idea what they are. Age is no guarantee of wisdom after all, it just helps.

Hey Paws, how are you?

There are indeed though I have no idea what they are. Age is no guarantee of wisdom after all, it just helps.

well im thinking in a line of building a career in politics or any other area and becoming good at that.. developing your leadership skills and all other skills that will contribute to a good president of our little country..

but some change is required here, i wish we get politicians that would actually care about all people,
    and not giving themselves a salary of 2,5k a week

if you know who what i mean...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hey Paws, how are you?
    I'm good, and yourself? :)

how would i know if my place belongs to Dublin Central, Dublin North, Dublin North-Central or Dublin North-East ?

just curious of the results of this area.. if id knew which one it is

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

how would i know if my place belongs to Dublin Central, Dublin North, Dublin North-Central or Dublin North-East ?

Detailed map here: http://www.oireachtas.ie/viewdoc.asp?DocID=86

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If I may...

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

• Advertisement

Have a look at map here

http://www.oireachtas.ie/viewdoc.asp?DocID=10864&ad=1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement