Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angron's Temple of Khorne (lair thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Any plans for the weekend guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Oh I recognised it alright.

Your set up looks like the bridge of a Klingon bird of prey.

Do you cosplay? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

butterbun wrote: »
    Stick around Ted, you're drunk :D

Haven't drank in 2 weeks or so bb. High on life here.

Jjust in a silly mood mode. This place can do that to you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

butterbun wrote: »
    So much red, many monitors :o

I'd kill for a setup like that. Or maybe get a job and save up for a while.
    Took a while and more money than I'd like to admit for what amounts to 3 pretty basic 24" monitors (they're on the upgrade list for next year).
    Evening all.
    Evening Wolfie.
    Any plans for the weekend guys?
    Album launch tomorrow night and might be helping at a LARP on Monday, that's about it I think, yourself?
    Oh I recognised it alright.

Your set up looks like the bridge of a Klingon bird of prey.

Do you cosplay? :)

QUA'PLA!

Batleth.jpg

I don't do cosplay, but I do put on costume if I'm LARPing. One of my most famous outfits is simply known as the Electric Sheik... Think shiny sparkly head dress with battery powered lighting to make me look like some sort of cyber spook coming out of the dark :p

Shiminay wrote:
    Album launch tomorrow night and might be helping at a LARP on Monday, that's about it I think, yourself?
    I genuinely have no idea what a LARP is...

Aside from Slane on Saturday I have nothing else. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I genuinely have no idea what a LARP is...

Aside from Slane on Saturday I have nothing else. :)

Live Action Role Play

Live Action Role Play.

You're a character in a room (or field!) full of other characters and the organisers have given you a basic description of the circumstances you're all in and what sort of reasons you've all been gathered together. You also have rules for various things. Then you play :) You interact with one another in character, you don't break from that. Sometimes the games will have combat and we use anything from Rock/Paper/Scissors to determine it or we have foam latex weapons. One of the games I was involved in (with the Electric Sheik) used a combination of the latex weapons and airsoft guns.

It's very strange the first time you play, you feel very self conscious, but then you realise that the more you throw into it, the more fun it is for you and everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Sounds like a right laugh shim.

Love to be going to Slane paws lucky thing ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Larpers are generally cool people. I have RPGed but never Larped. Then there are LAN people.....

Yea, it's good fun :)This is our current game system and game. It's a kind of mash-up of Battlestar Galactica and Mass Effect :)

I was a LAN person before I was an RPG or LARP player :D

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote:
    Live Action Role Play.
    Aaah OK. Sounds fun!!!
    heyday30 wrote:
    Love to be going to Slane paws lucky thing ya.
    I can't wait! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Aaah OK. Sounds fun!!!

I can't wait! :D

Oh Dave grohl and hozier! Sigh!

And the music of course. Gonna be a great gig.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Yea, it's good fun :)This is our current game system and game. It's a kind of mash-up of Battlestar Galactica and Mass Effect :)

I was a LAN person before I was an RPG or LARP player :D

Only RPGED I won a prize at the first ever con I went to I had never gamed before. Haven't in a long time.

Well done running something at that level is a lot of work I'm impressed. smile.png

Yea, it's a lot of work, but a lot of fun on the day when you have 40 odd people engaged and having fun for 3 or 4 hours :)

What was your first Con silverfeather?

heyday30 wrote:
    Oh Dave grohl and hozier! Sigh!
    Don't fancy Dave Grohl so much. Hozier is a different story.. :p
    heyday30 wrote:
    And the music of course. Gonna be a great gig.
    Of course!!!

I remember the first time I saw the Foos was in Thurles in 1997 I think along with Manic Street Preachers and The Prodigy, it was a fun gig :)

Yea, it's a lot of work, but a lot of fun on the day when you have 40 odd people engaged and having fun for 3 or 4 hours :)

What was your first Con silverfeather?
    Gaelcon.
    :)
    I went with some friends.

Ah brilliant, mine too :) '98 in The Burlington - but we had a LAN: http://www.johnbreslin.com/blog/1998/11/30/review-quakapalooza Back when I was still going by Kharn ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I went headfirst into the con scene and headed off to DragonCon. Not a good one for beginners.

I went headfirst into the con scene and headed off to DragonCon. Not a good one for beginners.
    Was that in the states?

My second con I decided for some reason to go in costume ..I looked sort of like Helena bonham carter ...corset and everything...people asked was I larping ..

'No just RPG'

I even went to Eddie Rockets after dressed like that. :)

• Advertisement

Ha! Dead right sf. That's a lot more common now too as nerd pride has shone through and everyone realises we're the most fun people :p

Was that in the states?

My second con I decided for some reason to go in costume ..I looked sort of like Helena bonham carter ...corset and everything...people asked was I larping ..

'No just RPG'

I even went to Eddie Rockets after dressed like that. :)

DragonCon rolls out in Georgia every Labor day weekend. One of the biggest on the East Coast (U.S.A.). Then I compounded my brilliance by doing this:

I'm no. 4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Happy bewitching Éire twilight Lairians. :eek:

My mate Hudson might be in that video, he goes to Dragon con quite a bit and he often speaks of the kilt blowing competition! Hudson is one of Team Midway too - small world ;)

Well hello Swannington, look who shows up when men in kilts are having them lifted by a leaf blower?!?! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Well hello Swannington, look who shows up when men in kilts are having them lifted by a leaf blower?!?! :D
    Hi Shiminay! Timing is almost everything... :o :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Hey guys. Watching The Walking Dead.

KKkitty wrote: »
    Hey guys.
    Hi kitty. The lads here are blowing up their kilts. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

HAPPY FRIDAY & LONG WEEKEND GUYS, GALS :D

• Advertisement

DragonCon rolls out in Georgia every Labor day weekend. One of the biggest on the East Coast (U.S.A.). Then I compounded my brilliance by doing this:

Holy scotsman ....

That is brilliant!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement